strange question from the eternally fwark pig.... anyone got an opinion on Darra QLD?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
As mentioned..... if you live in or around here, the fat porcine one would love to hear your opinion on livability.... if you're just trolling the pig, the bacon enclosed one has a dry nutsack that needs moisturizing.... The meat sack has no idea about QLD or Brisbane..

s

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't that where Pauline Hanson comes from? We are all moving to Tasmania. Get in quick before the prices jump!

Flow-Rider

Burner
As mentioned..... if you live in or around here, the fat porcine one would love to hear your opinion on livability.... if you're just trolling the pig, the bacon enclosed one has a dry nutsack that needs moisturizing.... The meat sack has no idea about QLD or Brisbane..

s
I live about six Kms away.

It has an industrial estate right on the edge of it, a train station dead in the middle and a major highway on the other side. It was built many years ago as affordable housing for QCL cement workers which has long closed down. First it was filled by Italians and Maltese then later on favoured by the Vietnamese, now it's sort of a big mix. Be careful where you buy because there's still a lot of old asbestos houses around. It's roughly about 25ks form the CBD. If you don't mind some noise from trains it not all that bad, you've got public transport and quite a few shopping centres close by. Just let you know it's not the upper end of Brisbane and it's not rock bottom either.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Isn't that where Pauline Hanson comes from? We are all moving to Tasmania. Get in quick before the prices jump!
I think she was an Ipswich lady (that's a lot more west), Darra was a mini Cabramatta at one stage that's why she was popular with the voters there.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Was known aa Darramatta back in the 80s but things change, (more f’n kiwi/islanders nowadays that viets) these burbs will become sort after by those who want/have to be near the city with public transport...

For a more “normal” suburb only 10mins away try Forest Lake...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
fwark, you just got a like from the porcine one... You dont happen to work for visit Australia.kom.au do you???

I live about six Kms away.

It has an industrial estate right on the edge of it, a train station dead in the middle and a major highway on the other side. It was built many years ago as affordable housing for QCL cement workers which has long closed down. First it was filled by Italians and Maltese then later on favoured by the Vietnamese, now it's sort of a big mix. Be careful where you buy because there's still a lot of old asbestos houses around. It's roughly about 25ks form the CBD. If you don't mind some noise from trains it not all that bad, you've got public transport and quite a few shopping centres close by. Just let you know it's not the upper end of Brisbane and it's not rock bottom either.
I think she was an Ipswich lady (that's a lot more west), Darra was a mini Cabramatta at one stage that's why she was popular with the voters there.
Thanks for the reply Flow rider.... (NO THANKS TO YOU PINK POODLE NOB - you know the pig loves your sweaty gloves. ) There is a possibility of the fat one redistributing the earth's mass by relocating back to around there for work.... Nice to know its a mix of cultures (like all of australia - bar sydney....)....

Once again, thanks for the replies...

s

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The pig and his fat outtie has not idea about QLD and brisbane... so, any information greatly appreciated....

S

Flow-Rider

Burner
I meant that she is from Qld...it is a stain on the whole state.
Ok sorry, it's just I get told constantly that she had a Fish'N'Chipper in Darra but as a kid going to the train station I cant remember her. When you do a search it comes up she had one in Ipswich but back in the day even the media reported it a few times. She actually grew up in the Brisbane area but she's still a crazy. When I was a kid Ipswich was always the joke of double headed inbred city so maybe that's where she got the attitude from. Noways the place has changed somewhat and it houses all sorts of people.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The pig and his fat outtie has not idea about QLD and brisbane... so, any information greatly appreciated....

S
There's a few suburbs around Darra that will be a much nicer place to live, you've got some parts of Oxley, Sinnamon Park, Mt Ommaney and Jindalee. Those places are about 2 mins away from Darra by car. You've got one of the best bike paths leading into the Brisbane CBD also, it takes about 45 mins at a medium pace.

MasterOfReality

After forever
It's not a visually attractive place to live.

What's the budget?

I'd be looking a bit closer in at Mt Ommaney, Sinnamon Park and Seventeen Mile Rocks if budget allows.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Darra wouldn't be a bad place to invest but if you're renting, you could do better nearby as noted by others.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thanks for all the replies... at the moment the situation is entirely hypothetical (just like the pig) There "might" be a possibility of a job back in Aus for the pigs fatter uglier avitar... so instead of wasting time on the internets.... just thought he`d ask the ol fwarking crew.... they tend to be more..... in the know than wikipedia.

There's a few suburbs around Darra that will be a much nicer place to live, you've got some parts of Oxley, Sinnamon Park, Mt Ommaney and Jindalee. Those places are about 2 mins away from Darra by car. You've got one of the best bike paths leading into the Brisbane CBD also, it takes about 45 mins at a medium pace.
Initially it would be the pigs exo human living out of a bag in the cheapest closest place to work...... and there would be no car.... no bicycle either (man, that is a depressing sentence to type..)

It's not a visually attractive place to live.

What's the budget?

I'd be looking a bit closer in at Mt Ommaney, Sinnamon Park and Seventeen Mile Rocks if budget allows.
initial budget would be tighter than a frogs arse.... later, when wifey joins the moist one, then look to upgrade.....

Sin(namon) Park

I think we have a winner.
The pig really wants to run around there with a can deleting "namon" from every sign.....

Once again, thanks for any input..... Both of us trust Rotorburn (farkin) more than any other website!!!

S

Flow-Rider

Burner
Initially it would be the pigs exo human living out of a bag in the cheapest closest place to work...... and there would be no car.... no bicycle either (man, that is a depressing sentence to type..)

S
What's the pig's secret to staying insane without a bike?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The horror...
have you spying on the meat sacks webcam.... that would be horror... (the meat sack places a soggy band aid over the webcam...

What's the pig's secret to staying insane without a bike?
born this way, well, spanky was... Im generally sane... with a make believe internet pig controlling me 50% of the time... and a Japanese wife, currently living in central Tokyo....

take your pick...

S

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The fat endowed pig thanks everyone for all their replies and spot on knowledge...... this crap has taken a left turn and now there might be posts from the pig looking at sharing a house in central sydney early next year... Life offers you lemons, rub them deep in the cuts and scream at the oncoming typhoon.....

S