Sold Stans Flow/Hope 27.5" front wheel, boost

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
Item: 27.5" front wheel, Stans Flow rim (30mm internal width) to purple Hope Pro4 hub, 110mm boost and 6 bolt disc. Set up tubeless.
Item Condition: Well good, barely a scratch
Reason for selling: New steed is a 29er
Price and price conditions: $100
Extra Info:
Purple hub provides 150% increase to your chance of a mid-ride unicorn sighting.
Sure, red goes faster, but why go fast when you can witness majestical creatures who sweat glitter?

WTB Ranger 3" tyre included. Would prefer pickup, but can post or organise dropoff if you reeeeeally want.
Pictures:
But of course: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OhlUcP4AQIIWT5XtUjKu3X5jlPfZ5838?usp=drive_link

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thanks for thoroughly enriching this conversation about selling a wheel ;)
yeah it was a bit rude but I cant help myself ,frustrated with pointless innovations designed to make all former designs obsolete.
I know its a losing battle but I deliberately used non boost fork on my new build,10 speed and 2 spacers at the back.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
yeah it was a bit rude but I cant help myself ,frustrated with pointless innovations designed to make all former designs obsolete.
I know its a losing battle but I deliberately used non boost fork on my new build,10 speed and 2 spacers at the back.
Also better tyre clearance if you fancy running a 2.6 or something at the front because tractor.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Time isnt the factor that makes it better.Now there is superboost and do you think 12 speeds is enough ?
If superboost was going to be a thing it would've happened already. I'm pretty sure DT Swiss don't even use wider flanges for their superboost hubs (making them the same as boost) which - if true - shows their faith in the standard. Sram did a major update of their drivetrains last year and they stayed 12 speed. Shimano will almost certainly do the same with their next update so that's 12 speed locked in for at least the next 3-4 years.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Time isnt the factor that makes it better. Now there is superboost
I'm not claiming it's better for everyone, it's the most common standard on offer new and used, and has been for some time.

As you say, you've managed a build with non-boost and worked things out the way you like it, so it's not all bad for you.

Having said that, my boost 29ers are actually better than the 26inch QR setups I had before. I happened to skip the non-boost thru-axle period; doesn't annoy me that it existed though. I had little kids during that era and wasn't buying much bike stuff.

Superboost hasn't inconvenienced me at all. I would like a Pivot though.

and do you think 12 speeds is enough ?
Enough for what? If you want huge range you can still go 2x.

Should they have stuck with 10 speed? Probably, but again I skipped 10 speed and went from 9 to 11.

11 has been around for ages and is still for sale. I went for 12 speed on my latest build out of curiosity and I think it's actually pretty good, nicer than 11 speed.

Stock up on what you prefer and let people sell their goods.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
One of My hobbies is building bikes from scratch parts so i Am happy to use what others dont want mostly used frames.
We have 2x9 2x10 1x10 soon 2x11gravel bike.
Wife bought new ebike 1x12.
For ebikes 1x 10 is plenty and chains last.
Its a rhetorical question i cant believe we need more than 12 speeds so superboost is ahead of itself.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
One of My hobbies is building bikes from scratch parts so i Am happy to use what others dont want mostly used frames.
We have 2x9 2x10 1x10 soon 2x11gravel bike.
Wife bought new ebike 1x12.
For ebikes 1x 10 is plenty and chains last.
Its a rhetorical question i cant believe we need more than 12 speeds so superboost is ahead of itself.
I Have found 2x NW chainrings say 26/32 w no derailleur really handy i got the idea from another rider

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
I'm sorry to hear of your ailment, I can't help you either.

Anyway, on this week's episode of Australia's Got Tangent... I'd like to sell this wheel. Somebody buy it plz and rattle can the hub if it doesn't suit your matchy matchy bike

PJO

in me vL comy
I'm sorry to hear of your ailment, I can't help you either.

Anyway, on this week's episode of Australia's Got Tangent... I'd like to sell this wheel. Somebody buy it plz and rattle can the hub if it doesn't suit your matchy matchy bike
Hey Rob, I'll buy it but you will have to post it, Im not going to be visiting Vic anytime soon. I know that isn't your preference.
Ps: I like the hub.
Pps: don't really need/want the tyre.