Spicers, Hidden Vale

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Brilliant ride!

Hi All,

Thanks for the consideration and help when I managed to destroy my chain and derailller.

Great place to ride, and Rock Bottom was good descending even with a psuedo single speed.
Makes me wonder if it would be nice to have a single speed mtn bike, actually. Just ride the thing and forget the gear changes.
Don't have deraillers to break.

Everyone else get through the day without major dramas?

Ive been wondering what happened to Pete (not AP, but the other Pete) who said he was returning to
the cars -- but he did not seem to follow me when I split off. Did he catch an early lift home with someone else?
I was not sure if he needed a lift or not.

Great day -- I only got to ride 8 km's before the breakdown and 10 km as a single speed, but I would definately
go back.

Kind regards

Matt

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good ride, i believe everyone else made it out OK. We'll have to do these day trips more regularly.

Other stats here

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
It was a good day of bike riding... should go down there more often

I have had a look at my videos and a couple have corrupted but i have some good videos.... how do you want to view them

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good ride, i believe everyone else made it out OK. We'll have to do these day trips more regularly.

Other stats here
Schoey Max HR 217. That's insanely high or noise artifact in the device.

Great day and lots of fun with heaps of people. Nice to meet Dave and Joel. ( Joel I hope you edited out all the naughty stuff on the video)

Sorry to Steve for brake tapping so hard. Hope the knee is okay. Your brakes do work really well though which should be some consolation to my antics. If it helps Jason sprayed me with heaps of water on the creek crossing.

Thanks to Masso for the encouragement and 20 mechanicals. Young Pete good to see you back on the bike and with the new haircut you are sure to be an XC weight weenie in no time. By the way it is only 6 km's to the retreat.

Best effort of the day goes to young Pjipo for his effort up the scorpion's tail. He rode it insanely fast. Old Pete also smashed it.

Matt it's a shame you had the breakage. I think your mechanical was bad luck so I wouldn't become a singlespeeder yet.

Best fitness effort of the day goes to ARB Dave doing 150km road ride the day before then backing up with a solid ride with us.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Great day

As always, had a great ride in good company. Ryan, the knees fine, but I've go a couple of stripes on my guts, from the Ay-up bkt. More a badge of honour I reckon. Great day, bring on Mt Joyce.