Speeding is bad, mmkay?

redbruce

Eats Squid
And your point is?

Is there an effective solution?

Are we really part of the problem?

Go back and do some more editing.

Edit: hahaha you did go back and edit.
Also working on report for work. RB is my "smoko" break.

Give him a moment, he hasn't edited the post yet, it will make sense soon! :heh:
Ha Ha. No need to edit that one;)

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
But I 'lost' my old one, right?
Take a photo of it and another with you holding it, store it in a location on your phone easy to find the picture, like a new folder just for the photo then post it in Dear Diary. Just make sure the address and licence number are legible.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Wouldn't the best course of action be to take down the plate details of the offending vehicle and report the unlawful activity to the authorities. If enough people all do the same thing then there is a fair chance they may get a please explain.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
That is a part of teaching people how to be safe. Its the critical first step that helps get the culture right.

- I get that, it's just such a 'get in get out' experience that nobody takes seriously.

They are both wrong, and in the wrong moment equally as dangerous.

- Not disagreeing, but someone being aware of a situation and prepared for it while speeding I feel would be safer than someone who is unaware of it and unprepared. Maybe I am disagreeing, ummm...

Despite your view on the value of the test in the first place?

- Yeah, even if it's not good enough now why not sit it every few years. Remind people what the rules are, keep everyone up to date with changes so people can't pull 'well it wasn't like that when I did it so I'm right'.

My point! Attitude.

- How the hell do I edit an edited reply to reply to your edited reply of my original reply?

Only skimmed over it but: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/driving-courses-should-be-mandatory-20120319-1vedw.html

I'm usually not a fan of drive articles but it seems to be what I'm going for. Also wasn't Skaife pushing for 140km/h limits in Vic?

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Wouldn't the best course of action be to take down the plate details of the offending vehicle and report the unlawful activity to the authorities. If enough people all do the same thing then there is a fair chance they may get a please explain.
I did this with the dickhead who forced me off the road, police couldn't give two shits about it. When I report some kids for trying to egg us they're all over it like a rash.

Which is fair enough. They tried to throw an egg at me. Bastards.

willsy01

Eats Squid
I do appreciate the point of view here, and for a second i feel bad. but then i go back to the point that giving the speed limit a 'bit of a nudge' might be putting other people at risk aswell. if its a time critical event, then surely arriving 30 seconds later is preferable to not arriving at all and making another not arrive also?

(generalism here, not directed at anyone)
Regardless of how much spin you put on it, what we're told is that speed kills, and therefore you're showing a lack of respect for the lives of those around you by doing it. 99% of the time it results in a complete non-event. 1% of the time it ends in tragedy and some poor bastards have to clean up a big old mess and some poor family(s) have to deal with shit they shouldn't have to. you could argue that speed isn't always the cause, but it sure as shit has an effect in nearly all fatal accidents. What i'm showing by not moving my fat ass out the way, is a lack of respect for you.
Oh dear.......you've clearly watched far too much Today Tonight/A Current Affair and listened to the 'road safety experts' they dig up that quote figures from Monash uni.

You are personifying the biggest problem on Australian roads. GovCo bangs on and on with the 'speed kills' mantra......I think in Victoria it was 'every 'k over is a killer' or some such, there have been numerous others.......but the overwhelming message is that as long as you're traveling below the limit eeeeverything will be alright, like it's some sort of safety blanket. Anything north of that arbitrary number though, will result in armageddon.

The net result is the populace driving like they're the only ones on the road, like they've got blinkers on......and THIS is what causes accidents. You don't need to look far on Youtube to find the litany of fuckwittery captured on dash cams. I see it daily. Mirrors seem to be an optional extra and indicators are no longer a signal of your intentions but an afterthought when you've already caused another motorist to take evasive action. Headlights seem to be something of a novelty item lately also. I can guarantee that on any given journey in the dark, I will see at least 3 vehicles with no lights on......if this is an indicator of how little people are aware of their surroundings, we're in a little trouble.

As for you're little vigilante operation, you're doing nothing but create MORE angst amongst drivers. This seems lost on you so i'm not even going to bother trying to further explain why it's wrong. What I will say is good luck when you piss off the wrong person, you're going to need it.

stirk

Burner
Just dodge a dodge and everything will be fine.

EDIT: Whoooo, it's back on ^
I'll bite!

Oh dear.......you've clearly watched far too much Today Tonight/A Current Affair and listened to the 'road safety experts' they dig up that quote figures from Monash uni.

You are personifying the biggest problem on Australian roads. GovCo bangs on and on with the 'speed kills' mantra......I think in Victoria it was 'every 'k over is a killer' or some such, there have been numerous others.......but the overwhelming message is that as long as you're traveling below the limit eeeeverything will be alright, like it's some sort of safety blanket. Anything north of that arbitrary number though, will result in armageddon.

The net result is the populace driving like they're the only ones on the road, like they've got blinkers on......and THIS is what causes accidents. You don't need to look far on Youtube to find the litany of fuckwittery captured on dash cams. I see it daily. Mirrors seem to be an optional extra and indicators are no longer a signal of your intentions but an afterthought when you've already caused another motorist to take evasive action. Headlights seem to be something of a novelty item lately also. I can guarantee that on any given journey in the dark, I will see at least 3 vehicles with no lights on......if this is an indicator of how little people are aware of their surroundings, we're in a little trouble.

As for you're little vigilante operation, you're doing nothing but create MORE angst amongst drivers. This seems lost on you so i'm not even going to bother trying to further explain why it's wrong. What I will say is good luck when you piss off the wrong person, you're going to need it.

Why are you bringing other idiocy into the argument willsy?

The law creates angst against people doing the wrong thing, go law. Fuck the law breakers.

I'm not the law but I'll mess with your little head if I can because I can.

But I'll do it safely.

Vigilante, please I wish, then I could justify wearing Lycra right?