Show me Your Music (Formerly 3 Bands Thread)

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like your three bands enough to tell us more than their name?

Post 'em up here.

http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=63721

It's not hard to write a few words, honest!
haha, If you've seen me write a paragraph before you wouldn't ask me to contribute. I'll try and get something togeather.

Machine head- Favourite album: throught the ashes of an empire. New album The Blackening is also pretty sweet but a bit of a different sound. There not very heavy but I like it like that.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Metallica - Im the only person I know that owns AND loves every single one of their albums.
Yup, I think you maybe one in a million there!

I know fucking shiteloads of folk who own the metallica back catalogue (at least up until Load) but can't stand the black album and beyond. And I know maybe a handful of people who like everything post-Load and Re-load but are a bit off-put by the fairly anti-social racket they made in their earlier days. I do know of two people who reckon they've been the Shit since day one and are still kicking goal with every release but unfortunately one of the lads is in a home for the disturbed and the other is Lars Ulrich.

Poor, poor Lars...

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Metallica - Im the only person I know that owns AND loves every single one of their albums.
Given their later material, thats not exactly something to be proud of, haha. Honestly, and Justice wasnt great, black was crap and all that came after was even worse.

Rik

logged out
Hrm, I actually like all of Metallicas work as they have something good to be taken out of every album - even St Anger gets me off for the raw shittiness and untamed aggression in it. Then again I actually keep a broad minded approach to music which is a rare thing seemingly ;)

For bands of late:
upcdowncleftcrightcabc+start, nice name, great music
Devil Driver, giving their stuff a listen in preparation for next weeks tour. How can a band with roadrunner-style production still keep it together musicianship wise? They're a great meld of "approachable" sound and technicality.
Finally... who needs heavy metal when you have Current Value? Fuck bands, find "donny vs current value" set on firesessions and listen to the second hour. Ooohh baby that's some nice drum work :eek::cool: - probably less sequenced than most stuff released on roadrunner too! (lolz)

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Three albums rocking my cradle lately:

The Ruby Suns (self-titled): they toured with the shins earlier this year, and were an absolute surprise, kinda manic but fun at the same time. Their live act is very different to the album, but i enjoy them both

Tapes n Tapes - The Loon: A very diverse and well put together album - a rarity at the moment...

Yo La Tengo - I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass: Probably one of their best albums yet, worth the album just for the firts four songs alone - 'Mr Tough' is a track that will bring a smile to your dial and stick in your head for days.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
The Arcade Fire: does anyone know of shows other than the BDO's?

The Panics: great sounding mellow stuff with lyrics you can look into or just enjoy at pedestrian level.

Cold War Kids: strong sounds and opening with a track about a drinking problem- awesome.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Basically been listening to Electro, DnB and Hardcore all weekend, and wont be stopping for a while.

Digging hard:
Drexciya
TNT
Shitmat

TNT DONT FUCK AROUND, BEND OVER AND KISS THE GROUND *doof**doof**doof**doof**doof**doof**doof**doof**doof* etc

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Going back to the old favourites....

Interpol

Modest Mouse

The Beautiful Girls

Yep, it's fuckin' holiday time!

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
at the moment im really digging

enter shikari
good post hardcore with some electronica