Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’d love a t5 transporter, but tightarse …..
had a t4 - early 2000’s was a good thing .
But have a look at a Triton - before the alamalgamation of Nissan and miss marshy / Renault .
Vw n Ford are also having a love child ute .( without mentioning @Haakon bro and the hairdresser and obviously fertile loins …)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
XV has a tiny boot though. Forester would be a better option

Any ute based vehicle will not be comfortable for more than 4 adults. I’d look at any road based SUV if fire trails are the worst you’ll be driving on. Kluger, Sorrento, Sportage, Santa Fe, Palisade, CX-8, CX-9, X-Trail, Forrester.

Skoda Yeti are a nice mobile and can do limited off-road stuff but limited luggage space also. They are much smaller than those listed above and wouldn’t fit more than 4 adults comfortably. Owned one for 8 years, PM me B Rabbit if you want more info.
Christ how could I forget the Forester. The diesel model in manual is a thing of beauty.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
At least it's an actual ute (albeit one with a couple seats too many.)

Australia, you have lost your way...

:(
Not our fault! Well not quite, we had the world's dumbest treasurer daring a company to leave that wanted an excuse to leave and they... left. Who knew.

These new things are utes if you compare them to the original 1930s stuff. But they're also nowhere near as cool or interesting as anything we built here until recently.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The boxer diesel hurts my ears. Sound worse than a tractor.
In that case get it boosted with a bigger turbo charger, intercooler and exhaust. Then pretend you're Colin Mcrae with 450nm in a 1.4 tonne awd car. The screeching of the Pirellis will drown out the engine noise... almost.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Alright they've gone too far with this 'ute' shit.
I'm currently scouting for potential replacements for my old van and quite like the idea of a ute.
A proper fucking ute. Not a dual-cab, high-wheel base generic pick-up truck as seen in every corner of the globe these days, but an actual true-blue, dinky-di aussie ute.
It's fucking damn near impossible. Carsales and Drive.com.au both lumber all vehicles with a tray under the ute category so I've got to trawl through 20 poor-man's Hilux imitators just to find a single Falcon or Commodore.
It's exhausting! I feel like I'd be better off just going through the sedans and buying an angle-grinder.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Alright they've gone too far with this 'ute' shit.
I'm currently scouting for potential replacements for my old van and quite like the idea of a ute.
A proper fucking ute. Not a dual-cab, high-wheel base generic pick-up truck as seen in every corner of the globe these days, but an actual true-blue, dinky-di aussie ute.
It's fucking damn near impossible. Carsales and Drive.com.au both lumber all vehicles with a tray under the ute category so I've got to trawl through 20 poor-man's Hilux imitators just to find a single Falcon or Commodore.
It's exhausting! I feel like I'd be better off just going through the sedans and buying an angle-grinder.
Reckon you're pushing shit up hill with that one. Between Old Farmer Joe seeing "no reason to buy a new car" and aallllll the bogans who have "their retirement funds sorted aye" hanging on to their flogged out true Aussie Ute, I wouldn't think they'd be many available.