roast dinner

tidlibitz

Likes Dirt
yayy im havin shintzel tonight mmm ham n cheze melted on top!! yummy
i like mashin my potatos with peas and gravy with a fork and choppin my meat up smallish mixin it together and eating it yummy

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw tell I agree with you. ( sorta ) I am all for the meat but I would rather a salad then dried out patato and other vegies gone to waste. But I love the Crakle. If i dished out the dinner I would be the only one with crakle. Not even you would get any Matt_h

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bojac, just make sure that you're roast doesn't have any suspicious looking back hairs in it, alright?

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
. sits down to beautiful roast brussels sprouts..;)

you see i actauly enjoy some good brussel sprouts roasted with just the right amount of salt!

i also liek pumpkin to a degree... i spose the only thing i am really against is bloody roast potato!

Had THE best 'roastish' kind of dinner on Saturday. Chicken servings stuffed with ham/cheese kind of sauce. Not sure what it was called though. Any ideas? Nooo, wasnt really a parma variety.

they are very very good, probaly second best to a chicken kiev! But as you said, not really a roast, even through they are cooked in the oven.

but the overall chicken winner, is a parma, love a good parma!!! every tuesday at my local pub, $5.50 parma chips and salad!

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haahha 6 pages of hits, I think i speak for all when I say thats more than expected about a roast dinner.

jrewing

Eats Squid
you see i actauly enjoy some good brussel sprouts roasted with just the right amount of salt!

i also liek pumpkin to a degree... i spose the only thing i am really against is bloody roast potato!

they are very very good, probaly second best to a chicken kiev! But as you said, not really a roast, even through they are cooked in the oven.

but the overall chicken winner, is a parma, love a good parma!!! every tuesday at my local pub, $5.50 parma chips and salad!
Roast potatos and gravy are the best. unbelievable:eek:

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Roasts are the best; dead easy to cook - just bung everything in the oven & turn stuff/baste meat every 20 mins or so.

Roast lamb with garlic & rosemary; stab lamb all over with paring knife & put a sprig of rosemary & slice of garlic into each puncture, brush with oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, 20 minutes per pound + 20 minutes at 200C, rest for 5 - 10 mins - a roast made in heaven :)

Potatoes, carrots, parsnips & sweet potato should be parboiled in salty water for 10 -15 minutes before being drained, shaken lightly, brushed with oil & sprinkled with salt & pepper and put in the oven for an hour or so. I don't parboil pumpkin.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Rhianna (hehe) should do the Farkin weekly cooking lesson!

You're not related to Nigella Lawson are you?

Last edited:

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Read the OP.
Havn't read the rest - don't care.
I hate asking 'whats for dinner'
'A beautiful roast'
'*groan*'
'you're going to like it!'
'I havn't liked it for 17 years im not going to start now'

Sunday roasts are depressing!

its not so much the food for me, as having to listen to the fucking family members. and i don't just mean their yapping either, they eat like a pulsing blender.

sawtell: like me, be thankful you're getting your food cooked for you, rather than having to live with my woeful cooking skillz combined with my laziness.

bocaj: why didn't you tell us your sister had other uses ?

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
haahha 6 pages of hits, I think i speak for all when I say thats more than expected about a roast dinner.
6 pages???? There's only 2. And as if roast isn't worthy of beating the bloody photography thread.

I'm not a fan of pumpkin. But spuds go down a treat. Love 'em. Kievs are pretty wicked too. Actually, anything oven cooked is mad, just for the smells that get you cravin it before it's even half cooked.