roast dinner

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I never used to like steak, roasts or whatever. I really like steak now, as long as it's still bleeding!!! I HATE overcooked steak. I'd rather eat a blue steak than a WD steak.

Anyways, RE: vegetables.... They only need a bit of cooking/steaming.. Don't burn the shit out of them or turn them to mush. Just make them "not hard" and hot, and they will be good.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt

pretty fucking tasty lookin, eh? :eek:
Doesn't look all that appealing but I'd still eat it. A guy I go fishing with reckons the best way to eat Tuna is just after you've caught it, literally. Once you've bled it you cut a slab off it and hook in. I'm keen to try it.

indica

Serial flasher
Doesn't look all that appealing but I'd still eat it. A guy I go fishing with reckons the best way to eat Tuna is just after you've caught it, literally. Once you've bled it you cut a slab off it and hook in. I'm keen to try it.
Raw tuna is teh bestest.

Waay off topic but as a chef I fucking hate cooking Salmon, Tuna, Steak or Lamb anything past medium. Get a tin and eat cat food you pricks.

Hopper

Likes Dirt
It depends on my mood whether I will want a roast, we have one every week so quite often I just don;t feel like it. When mum does roast pork she makes an awsome mustart/onion sauce for it. It's really thick and light (if that makes sense).
Roast vegetables are the bomb!

|Matt|

Banned
The best roast is when you're sitting on the toilet and you have a roast or two and then some gravy on top. Maybe some potatos to go with it as well.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
I make a nice lemon meringue pie, even make the pastry (Y)
Lemon Meringue Pie should NEVER, EVER be made with pastry. A crushed biscuit base is really what you want. And the lemon filling should be creamy, made with condensed milk - not a real fruity 'sorbet' kind of filling ;)

For this little story, just keep in mind LMP is my favourite dessert. Ever......

Was invited to dinner at the neighbours place a couple of weeks back, and after somewhat awkwardly sifting through the main meal of Pad Thai and eating only the chicken (Really not a fan of asian/stir-fry type meals) it was announced that dessert would be Lemon Meringue Pie.

So out comes this massive, and I mean massive Lemon Meringue Pie. There are 5 of us at the table, and at this stage, everything is looking good, right up until my neighbour splits the whole pie into 5 pieces.

The slice of pie is lifted out of the dessert dish, and onto my plate, and to my horror, it has a pastry base - What kind of satanic-worshipping person would do this!? So everyone begins eating their slice (which has so much freaking meringue on top that it sits about 15cm above table level) and I resentfully lift a piece of my slice to my mouth. The pastry dries my mouth out so quick I can only hoarsely reply to the host's question of 'how is it?', before waiting for the cool, creamy filling to replenish the moisture within my mouth - however, the fruity, non-condensed milk filling ensures that this does not happen - and I have to regretfully swallow before drinking a mouthful of water. I've survived the first bite.

Now it should be noted that my neighbour has just become a registered nurse......I continue to plow my way through, bite after bite of this abomination of the culinary world, until eventually the richness of the pie starts to overwhelm me. I'm look down at what's left, and reassure myself - 'no worries! I once ate a number Anzac biscuits, coated in tomato sauce & mustard, with bits of jalapenos & olives scattered throughout - this'll be easy!'

It is at this particular moment that my neighbour begins discussing the many 'unusual & particularly distasteful' things she has seen in the many hospital wards she has visited while on her way to becoming a nurse. With just over a third of my slice left my hopes of finishing this meal incident free are beginning to fade.....quickly. With the thought of various impalements, infections & things going septic still vivid in my mind, I had reached the final piece of pie, when I felt a discreet, yet significant disturbance from within. I contemplated passing the last piece to any willing family member either side of me, but persevered.

My stomach made one final grunt as I lifted the spoon to my mouth, as if it were a last warning sign - as sign that I could still back down & not be considered any less of a man......The thought slipped from my mind as my parched tongue came into contact with the still-flour-coated pastry base, which proceeded to scrape away any last remaining fluid from the interior of my mouth. I swallowed..........

Never in my life have I come so close to vomiting at the dining room table.

Never, Ever, Make Lemon Meringue Pie with Pastry. Please.

:p

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
6 pages???? There's only 2. And as if roast isn't worthy of beating the bloody photography thread.

depends on what you have your post'd per page set as, mine is on standard, and im on page 8 right now.

Rhianna

Cannon Fodder
Never, Ever, Make Lemon Meringue Pie with Pastry. Please.
Don't how a cow man =P. Its a sweet short crust pastry. I've made it with the biscuit too, but i like pastry better =)
And the one i make isn't made with condensed milk, since when do you make lemon curd with that?

Last edited:
H

>Henry

In my opinion it is most definitely the best way to have them..

Probably not to good for the heart to eat these too often though...:p
Pfft I doubt the Atkinson's diet is either but people still try it :rolleyes:

Oh and Th3rmo you should write a book about that experience, 211 pages of pure ass tasting desert horror.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Nah, spanky's in agreement with thermo there.... WTF was your host thinking???

Spanky hopes you invite them around for Soy Roast Chicken... possibly the worst food invention ever.

Spanky gets driven round the bend on sunday arvo rides... he can smell all the roasts going on.... and he knows NONE OF IT IS FOR HIM, and waiting for him at home... is baked beans again....

LOL

spanky

p.s. FFS, DO NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

1) Soya Faux Chicken.
2) Faux Bacon.
3) Soy Sausages.

and finally
This is a message to all who bring Tofu to BBQ's, cook it in three inches of Sausage Fat from everyone elses ears and arse sausages then tell all assembled that your Tofu Faux sausages taste 'just like real ones'... spanky's in the bell tower watching you through a scope, you filthy HIPPY.

spanky dont eat much meat....but cracking... **drool**