Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The only Belgian beer I know is Stella, a pom mate refers to it as wife beater, did Admiral Lord Nelson beat up his missus?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The only Belgian beer I know is Stella, a pom mate refers to it as wife beater, did Admiral Lord Nelson beat up his missus?
Correct with the beer - It was a fairly obvious one all things considered. ;)

2nd half of the question is still open. Remember, it’s rhyming slang and a famous person (deceased, non-nautical) is involved.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Nelson Mandela?
Correct.

Nelson Mandela = Stella.

It makes the old Specials song 'Free Nelson Mandela' sound like an awesome happy hour promotion!

It’s alright for you, ya limey git. Aussies just add an ‘o’ or a ‘y’ to everything.
You should probably Harold Holt before you get your Reg Grundy's in a twist.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
*interesting side note regarding Australian PMs and rhyming slang. Apparently Malcolm Fraser is the origin behind the quaint Scottish verb to 'Malky' someone. 'Malky' these days mostly means to bash, beat up or generally kick the shit out of someone but it originally stems from Malcolm Fraser rhyming with Razor and was used extensively back in the day when a young lad wouldn't dream of going to the 'dancing' on a Saturday night without packing a cut-throat in his coat pocket.
Simpler times, eh?

moorey

call me Mia
*interesting side note regarding Australian PMs and rhyming slang. Apparently Malcolm Fraser is the origin behind the quaint Scottish verb to 'Malky' someone. 'Malky' these days mostly means to bash, beat up or generally kick the shit out of someone but it originally stems from Malcolm Fraser rhyming with Razor and was used extensively back in the day when a young lad wouldn't dream of going to the 'dancing' on a Saturday night without packing a cut-throat in his coat pocket.
Simpler times, eh?
Based on my time living in Glasgow, still applies.