Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody know where i can find some info on placement of rego stickers on vehicles in QLD? Having no luck with my searches, even on the QLD gov site...

Ivan

Eats Squid
Anybody know where i can find some info on placement of rego stickers on vehicles in QLD? Having no luck with my searches, even on the QLD gov site...
I'm pretty sure it actually states where you can place the sticker on the actual form the sticker comes attached to.

From my memory, it can be placed in the left rear quarter window (if one exists) or on the left side of the windscreen.

EDIT: I found this info on a registration notice from 2009, So it may be out of date.

Position of the label
Motor vehicles

The adhesive side of this label must be applied to either the inside of the lower left corner of the windscreen, or to the lower part of the left side fixed or pivoted window facing outwards. The label is not to be applied over window tinting film. It is Queensland Transport's recommendation that if possible it is placed away from heater/demister or air conditioning outlets on the vehicle dash.

Last edited:

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well picked up these wheels, pretty keen to roll on them! also got a new intake pipe which will fix the stock rubber one closing on full boost =) Started the 5 stud conversion, front is on, just need to sort the rear out(s14, brakes, rotors, hubs etc). Tailshaft also needs a balance pretty bad. Really wanna try and get to the next morning sesh at QR but we'll see how the funds are.

floody

Wheel size expert
Bastard! Would love some 33 GT-R rims for the stag, nice pick up. I think we'll get rota TE37 copies instead.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
OMG ROTA NOT jdm ZOMGWTF

... :rolleyes:

Got a quote on a brand new set of SSR MK2's in 15x8 0 and 15x9 0, $2340 not including postage from Sydney, should I get them or 15x8 0 and 15x9 -12 steelies from the US for $810 at my door? Hmmmmmm

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Sick day at Lakeside. Finally got a decent grid of Excels for proper door to door circuit racing action. And they ran us with the geminis, which was sick - very good competition.

I had a great tussle with a red gemmy down the back of the back, with a few overtake moves and to-and-fro.

The fastest Excel of the day did a 65.8 I think - that's crazy fast! The faster Excels are notably quicker than the geminis too.

And I managed to get a tiny bit of work done on the bike:

Got the bottom end almost together with a new rod kit, new main bearings. Have a new piston etc to go in the top too.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Hang on, do you want a car or a spare? Which spares?

Parts are generally cheap eg new wheel bearings: about $100 for the rear set (comes with a whole hub assembly and so on - not just a simple bearing really). Plenty of cheap parts at wreckers and such too.

And you should be able to get a running excel for under 1k.

Last edited:

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bastard! Would love some 33 GT-R rims for the stag, nice pick up. I think we'll get rota TE37 copies instead.
Yeah they need to be spaced out to fit the way I want them to. Funny you should say that cause my car is/was running te37's off a mates car! haha

floody

Wheel size expert
Got a quote on a brand new set of SSR MK2's in 15x8 0 and 15x9 0, $2340 not including postage from Sydney, should I get them or 15x8 0 and 15x9 -12 steelies from the US for $810 at my door? Hmmmmmm
Thats pretty reasonable for the SSRs!

Yeah I know rota knockoff crap etc etc. 18x9.5" +15s for the price of one TE37? I'll swallow my pride.

fairy1

Banned
Guys, any reccomendations on some 225/45/17 tyres? Nothing over $280 or so a corner, I managed to hit a pothole and ended up with a puncture. I'll check it's not a cracked rim in the morning then go from there.

I am sort of tempted by Pirelli P7's or Continental Contisport contact 2, the Contis sorta look like my old Yoko A008's I had on my Mini. I am going to try and trade my 100km old Toyo Teo's because they are dreadful, I swear I was sold crossplies.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Federal 595? Kumho KU36?
I've been running the Ku31s in a 225/40/18 on the Golf and they're a decent tyre for the price (about $180 a corner). Just as good IMO as the Conti CSC3s that they replaced - much quieter when worn with very similar wet and dry grip levels.

We've also been running Federal 595 RSRs on the Excel - they've held up surprisingly well given they're a super soft compound. You'd have to be pretty keen to run them on a street car though. Apparently there a few other compounds in the 595 series that are more suited to street tyres.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Guys, any reccomendations on some 225/45/17 tyres? Nothing over $280 or so a corner, I managed to hit a pothole and ended up with a puncture. I'll check it's not a cracked rim in the morning then go from there.

I am sort of tempted by Pirelli P7's or Continental Contisport contact 2, the Contis sorta look like my old Yoko A008's I had on my Mini. I am going to try and trade my 100km old Toyo Teo's because they are dreadful, I swear I was sold crossplies.
Tyrerack.com

With the dollar so cheap, you can't pass it up!

Set of Potenza RE50s for $600US, Sport Contacts for $750, PS2s for $690...

Basically you get four tyres for the price of two here.

fairy1

Banned
Wow actually got a reply from the only online quote I have ever done, $169ea for Conti CS3's in a 235 width or $300ea in a 225 width. Ordered four 235s and I'm getting the Toyos pulled off after 1000km because they are so so bad.

I'll put the Superpro bushes and new ball joints in the lower control arms next week then go for a wheel alignment. Thanks for the help gentlemen, if there was anyone that had the Federals in stock I would have grabbed them.

fairy1

Banned
Ended up getting four Conti SC3's for $660 fitted and balanced and holy crap are they good compared to the Teo Plus's that came off.

I went back to the shop where I purchased the Toyos and told them how crap they were(politely) and the woman behind the counter said she was blown away that I got four new tyres without informing them of my problems with the Toyos.
Turns out they stock Contis too but I didn't want to give them any more money, last time they put tyres on my car I had to remove the bolts with a breaker bar and pipe, over tightening wheel bolts/nuts shits me.