Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
What the shit does "VIPing" your car involve anyway?

big rims (within reason) in my case 19's nice sound system not some cheapo crap, it includes cd player new speakers and custom sub and box

lowered ofcourse also in my case ill need new front clear lights because mine are foggy style lights and it involves you car looking as sexy as can be:)

floody

Wheel size expert
Mrcurlyhead, I don't know how to say this without coming off as offensive...

But unless your rig is an E55/E60/E420 (in which case you wouldn't debadge it anyway), its not VIP.

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
dosn't matter what model i have, its a passion i have

people have old school hilux's and raise it with this that and what not but yet thats ok to be done? and half the cars that have be V.I.Ped are not even any good, plus ive seen mercedes like mine EVEN lower spec then mine been done up and viped

also put it this way why would u upgrade parts on a mongoose? BECAUSE YOU CAN! and im doin this BECAUSE I CAN :D:D

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt

people have old school hilux's and raise it with this that and what not but yet thats ok to be done? and half the cars that have be V.I.Ped are not even any good, plus ive seen mercedes like mine EVEN lower spec then mine been done up and viped

also put it this way why would u upgrade parts on a mongoose? BECAUSE YOU CAN! and im doin this BECAUSE I CAN :D:D
I'm prepare to leave it alone if you will just stop using the term "VIP"

That is a VIP car! Notice that at no point it mention Lowering, big rims, or a sound system

Drew.

Eats Squid
why the negativity, so he wants to change his cars appearence and functionality, what's wrong with having a goal. Not everyone wants to have a souped up rice burner.
Souped up rice burner? You sound like you should be 80 years old and sitting on your front porch whineing about todays youth.

Why the negitivity? Well, i think it's pretty obvious that little to no people in this thread have an appreciation for FAST AND THE FURIOUS cars, not to mention the stupidity that comes across when I hear "big wheels, lowered and SUBZZZZZ!", you should probably buy a southern cross and unit sticker to compliment them.

Ok, well go ahead and do it, enjoy the shit ride that cheap lowering and big wheels will give you; i know, i've been there, it's stupid.

Also, this whole "VIP" thing, really just sounds like a compensation act.

floody

Wheel size expert
Mid range family spec cars aren't VIP cars. Can be VIP styled, but thats a whole other kettle of fish.

You can still build a very nice VIP styled car, without it necessarily being a VIP car, basically.

Last edited:

mlsred

Likes Dirt
Souped up rice burner? You sound like you should be 80 years old and sitting on your front porch whineing about todays youth.

Why the negitivity? Well, i think it's pretty obvious that little to no people in this thread have an appreciation for FAST AND THE FURIOUS cars, not to mention the stupidity that comes across when I hear "big wheels, lowered and SUBZZZZZ!", you should probably buy a southern cross and unit sticker to compliment them.

Ok, well go ahead and do it, enjoy the shit ride that cheap lowering and big wheels will give you; i know, i've been there, it's stupid.

Also, this whole "VIP" thing, really just sounds like a compensation act.
Again with insulting people for no apparent reason, I have never met you nor do I want to however I do not insult you randomly because you question the way I go about something.

I wasn't meaning the people in this thread I was commenting more about the people in my area. Personally I don't like massive rims or ridiculously low cars or the cars that buzz because of a cheap sub and not enough sound deadening, I do however respect someones choices and preferences on what they want to do to their vehicle.

Talking about shit rides, not everyone is looking for comfort or effeciency how many chopper's do you see around the place that go like stink in a straight line but corner like a boat? try telling a hells angel he should be on a 1200 bmw instead of a harley because it's more practical.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
I thought this thread was about people modifying cars. Not fvcking people off because you don't like their style.

Secondly, why be so close minded?? Invest in a more ecclectic taste in cars. A nice car is a nice car, who cares what it is.

I think everyone needs to kinda get over themselves and grow up.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
try telling a hells angel he should be on a 1200 bmw instead of a harley because it's more practical.

He might surprise you and agree! I knew a high ranking member of one of the more traditional clubs (i.e. one that still has riding rules) who rides a 955i Daytona on club runs and have seen a few others on both Triumphs and Buells. I've seen pics of a NZ outlaw club president riding a K100RS BMW in club regalia complete with Nazi helmet. I'd guess that would be the exception rather than the rule though, seeing as most clubs stipulate British or American bikes over 500cc only.

mlsred

Likes Dirt
He might surprise you and agree! I knew a high ranking member of one of the more traditional clubs (i.e. one that still has riding rules) who rides a 955i Daytona on club runs and have seen a few others on both Triumphs and Buells. I've seen pics of a NZ outlaw club president riding a K100RS BMW in club regalia complete with Nazi helmet. I'd guess that would be the exception rather than the rule though, seeing as most clubs stipulate British or American bikes over 500cc only.
I actually had a high ranking member riding my little james trials bike around with the dopiest grin on his face, he jumped off and told me he wanted one :p

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Since when have we, as modified motorcycle and car owners chosen our respective vehicles because they're practical?

Fixie God said:
I thought this thread was about people modifying cars. Not fvcking people off because you don't like their style.

mlsred said:
I wasn't meaning the people in this thread I was commenting more about the people in my area. Personally I don't like massive rims or ridiculously low cars or the cars that buzz because of a cheap sub and not enough sound deadening, I do however respect someones choices and preferences on what they want to do to their vehicle.

Talking about shit rides, not everyone is looking for comfort or effeciency how many chopper's do you see around the place that go like stink in a straight line but corner like a boat? try telling a hells angel he should be on a 1200 bmw instead of a harley because it's more practical.

Quoted for coool.

How practical is my ride height? 'bout as practical as 20 inch rims. How practical is Floody's awesomely cool but fairly fragile front bar? 'bout as practical as 20 inch rims. How practical is owning a modified vehicle? 'bout as practical as 20 inch rims.

Fuuuuuuccccckkkkk, just enjoy the rides you like and respect the owners of the rides you don't, pleeaaaaasssseeeee.