Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Yeah but if that's what you really want and you can't find a suitable unique one, the logical compromise is a non-unique one, right?

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What i meant was they are hard to come by, not they didnt make them
maybe if your in africa...
Hmm in about 2 minutes I found 280 6 cylinder VS utes on carsales alone...
My thoughts

Do you go on unique or regular. I prefer the unique one more, better cars
Vs commos are exactly "unique". try more mainstream websites e.g carsales.com boostcrusing.com just to name a few

fairy1

Banned
Had a look a the Stagea yesterday and had a chat to the mechanic that does the work to get the cars complied, it looks pretty good and the interior is perfect. It still isn't complied so it won't be for sale for a couple of weeks.

A set of Buddy Club rims a decent turbo back exhaust and a shit Chinese intercooler kit will finish it off. Not 100% sure I'll get this car but I will be getting a Manual Stag.

Any ideas for insurance?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Carpoint, carsales and ebay are all good just for guaging prices, study your shit for a couple of weeks and you will see what condition/options commands which price.

As for those minis, I have seen 2 rolled upside down by a drunken mob, and once at a cricket club about 15 guys lifted one and put it sideways into a position where a fence had to be removed to get it out...if you get one keep it in a garage...they are a magnet for practical jokes!

fairy1

Banned
Magnet for anorak wearing nutters and smelly bearded arts students more like.
True, never join a Mini club and avoid conversations that start with I used to have one of those. A Mini will draw freaks for 100m, oh they have crooked steering racks too which takes time to get used too.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter

maybe i am wrong, but i was under the impression, that if a car was on unique carsales, it was also on carsales...???

or have things changed?

IMO you are far better off buying a granny spec v6 ute, that some bogan's one with big wheels, painted interior, dodgy stereo install that you know has been thrashed.

floody

Wheel size expert
Had a look a the Stagea yesterday and had a chat to the mechanic that does the work to get the cars complied, it looks pretty good and the interior is perfect. It still isn't complied so it won't be for sale for a couple of weeks.

A set of Buddy Club rims a decent turbo back exhaust and a shit Chinese intercooler kit will finish it off. Not 100% sure I'll get this car but I will be getting a Manual Stag.

Any ideas for insurance?

Ours is with justcars for the time being, but its just 3rd party, fire theft.

JJR Stealth intercooler kit is a winner, return flow so no chassis cutting, no mods in the engine bay, no big shiny pipe running across behind the radiator or technicolour silicon joiners to attract coppers. $550 well spent, fitting tutorial on SAU.

I think we're getting 18x9.5" +20 Work XT7s for ours, ~$1690 with the current yen rate!

fairy1

Banned
IMO you are far better off buying a granny spec v6 ute, that some bogan's one with big wheels, painted interior, dodgy stereo install that you know has been thrashed.
If you do buy a car owned by an oldie be sure not to go out and rev the shit out of it. The reason they blow up is old people don't rev cars hard, if you decide to rev an old engine that has been babied you have to up the revs gradually.
If you rev the engine hard as soon as you get it the pistons try to travel a little higher in the bore from extra stress, this sends the rings into a small step in the cylinder wall which can smash your 20yr old 80000km engine to bits.

Cheers Floody, I will definately only be running 17"s as it will be driven to a few DH events and I don't mind the look. I am now leaning towards the forged Buddy Club rims as they are stupidly light and only $560retail.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Got my eyes on an Audi A4, 1996 model, manual with a 2.6L V6; either A./ get a loan. or B./ sell my ute.

So if anyone knows of anyone who want's to buy a 1998 HiLux, let me know!!

Likes Dirt
Got my eyes on an Audi A4, 1996 model, manual with a 2.6L V6; either A./ get a loan. or B./ sell my ute.

So if anyone knows of anyone who want's to buy a 1998 HiLux, let me know!!
Pure hearsay here, but when my dad bought his 1997 A4, apparently the dealer said the ratios for the manual gearbox were not suited to the V6, that they went much better with the 1.8T (what he ended up getting). Just something to think about...

Drew.

Eats Squid
i can think about that in 1 and a half years when i'm on opens. but that's like forever away. so yep! haha. when i'm off my P's ill kick into a Golf GTi or something.

pinkgoat

Likes Dirt
i can think about that in 1 and a half years when i'm on opens. but that's like forever away. so yep! haha. when i'm off my P's ill kick into a Golf GTi or something.
Why wait? get a VR6, arguably cooler than a gti, and there are plenty of good non-modified examples on carsales etc. - Although I havent driven either:eek: