Prison Movies

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I watched two of my favourite movies over the weekend Shawshank Redemption and Cool Hand Luke.

And although a lot of my posts are about Movies or TV ... I thought I'd carry on ... well I watch heaps of DVDs and TV.

Anyway ... Name me some other Prison movies with the view of me going out and renting the puppies for a Prison breakout / lifestyle weekend of square eyed entertainment.

I would prefer that you've actually watched the flick as opposed to just naming the vids in your Dad's collection, but I won't be picky and leave it up to you. If you can give me a bit of a synopsis then cool (I don't mind spoilers) ... up to you re: time.

Thanks in advanced

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Try 'The Hill'. An oldy but goody

Its B&W and has Sean Connery in it from his early acting career. Good screenplay

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
You got some weird 'soap on a rope' fetish Al?
Heee Heeee ... walked into that one ... backwards :eek:

The great escape was pretty sweet!
A Brutal prison film was American History X..
The Great Escape was one reason I got into bikes ... and it mixes my two fav genres War and prison breaks ... bawahahaha

I thought American History X was more Skin heads and gangs ??

America's hardest prisons
Yeah saw an ad for that on a bus the other day ... I'll have a look.

betelnut

Likes Dirt
Cool Hand Luke and The Great Escape are two of the best films made, period. Add Papillon to that as well - great book and great film.

Midnight Express is a ball-tearer of a prison flick.
Runaway Train with John Voight and Eric Roberts is a ripper too.
Escape from Alacatraz is pretty good.

I prefer gladiator movies personally....

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Stir Crazy and the original Mean Machines, oh and there was a great WW2 movie call the Escape of the Bird Men or something. I remember watching it as a kid, but haven't found it on DVD. It's about escaping from Culditz.

Last edited:

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
The last castle - kinda a cool army/action/prison movie.. fun to watch

The Shawshank Redemption -anyone who has seen this knows it's fucking awesome

Animal Factory -really cool movie.. a great cast pulling off some wierd roles

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Another vote for 'Ghosts of the Civil Dead'. It's a lot more distressing than the others mentioned but an absolute stand-out (and Nick Cave makes a great psychopath). Can't beat 'Brother Where art Thou' for good clean fun also. Midnight Express weren't bad, neither.

jamsta

Jamsta Grafix
a couple not mentioned...

Down by Law - Director: Jim Jarmusche, Cast: Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni & John Lurie [awesome flic]

The Longest Yard [for shit's'n"giggles]

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Tango and Cash for the win.

although on a more serious note as well as yer Shawshanks, Great Escapes, Midnight Expresses etc. I'd also rate Bridge on the River Kwai, In the name of the father and Papillon.