Post Your XC Machine

acads

Likes Dirt
It's anthem day today ,

Only some small changes since new , 70mm stem and a change to the pxrc1 ( Carbon anthem wheel set ) as they came up cheap on RB . They have the dt swiss hubs on them and a little lighter than the previous rims . A wolf tooth 1x10 change is next on the list and that will be about it .

Completed my first event at wombat this year and plan on doing some more before years end .

camoshop

Banned
It's anthem day today ,

Only some small changes since new , 70mm stem and a change to the pxrc1 ( Carbon anthem wheel set ) as they came up cheap on RB . They have the dt swiss hubs on them and a little lighter than the previous rims . A wolf tooth 1x10 change is next on the list and that will be about it .

Completed my first event at wombat this year and plan on doing some more before years end .
Nice mate, is that the anthem x advance ? What year model is it? I nearly got the advanced but I was set on the x 1 because I wanted black.
Here's my anthem x 1 , changed to a 50mm stem and wider bars and esi grips.
Wheels will be the next upgrade. Most likely some blue hope evo 2 hubs to match the stem. Not sure about rims yet.

acads

Likes Dirt
Camo , I think I saw your anthem in PYR .

Mine is an anthem 1 27.5 , so alloy frame and mostly XT parts spec . The next anthem up the food chain is the advance 1 and carries my running gear but with upgrades to the wheel set and the front triangle is carbon .

Regarding rims , mate changed his giant pxc1 29er rims to some Stan's crests ($550)and dropped around 800g in weight along with the Stan's ratchet rear hub . He's pretty happy with the results .

Last edited:

camoshop

Banned
Oh my bad I thought yours was a 29er advanced as they are similar colours it's hard to see on my phone the wheels looked bigger. Yeah mines mostly slx but comes with an xt rear mech not too sure what the advance has prob similar to the 27.5 model.
Camo , I think I saw your anthem in PYR .

Mine is an anthem 1 27.5 , so alloy frame and mostly XT parts spec . The next anthem up the food chain is the advance 1 and carries my running gear but with upgrades to the wheel set and the front triangle is carbon .

Regarding rims , mate changed his giant pxc1 29er rims to some Stan's crests ($550)and dropped around 800g in weight along with the Stan's ratchet rear hub . He's pretty happy with the results .

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Czar 2014

After 4 months of of Ownership plus 6 weeks off riding with a broken Rib could not be happier getting back on the Czar.
Have now set up to race but just enjoy riding it everywhere. We have been together at Buller Bright and South Oz for the National series and didn't quite have the set up dialled until i had a bit of time off work and time tweaking it at home. I started writing down all the set ups and changing them ever so slightly.

It has taken 4 to six goes to get the rear shock sorted as a very small change in air pressure makes a big difference but now i have it sorted i can't believe how good the DW link system it. On descents the Czar seems to perform more like a 120 travel bike as can soak up big hits with ease. very easy bike to ride and great climber.
Also as it a size med and i have a long body compared to legs i have put on a 100ml neg 16 stem that gets my body lower over the front. this has made a huge difference for me getting it to corner better.

I would def recommend this bike to guys that want to race and still want to ride on the weekend with mates. I hVE ridden a lot of 29ers over the last six months and pretty pleased with the decision . My 2nd choice would be either a pivot 429 which i found a little more trail bike and less race bike or a trek Sfly. The Czar seems to be a bit stronger and more solid than the Sfly AND i think will last longer.

only regret is maybe not going 1 x 11 as it would be another 600- 700 grams lighter but as shimano has served me well in the past I stuck with them.

Build. purchased the XT build then Sold the dt 350 wheels that came with the bike, as i had some light bike race wheels from my HT.

Czar med frame .
Fox ctd 100ml fork with the 52 mm front offset.
XT drive 10 x 3
thompson road stem neg 16 100ml
ENVE bar (was part of the XT build )
#3t set back seat post 27.9 with spacer ( this set up from my HTail and the thinner seat post dose work better IMHO)
light bike carbon china rims (All MTN . a bit wider than the XC and only 20 grams heavier )
DT 240 hubs.
cranky pedals

Attachments

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I was going to go back to a dually, this would be the one!
Looks amazing and your ride report hints it performs likewise..

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome Czar mate, really love these bikes!!!

I was forced to replace my anthem as someone thought they wanted it more than I did.. They were wrong :(

Anyway, I managed to pick up this guy for a deal I couldn't say no to.

Have only done 1 35km ride on it so far, Has performed better than I was expecting, especially climbing. I did option it with a 100mm fork instead of 120 also.

Currently weighing in at 12.5kegs and scratching my head how to get it under 12 without going to XX1...

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Love the lime colour too.

I was forced to replace my anthem as someone thought they wanted it more than I did.. They were wrong :(

Have only done 1 35km ride on it so far, Has performed better than I was expecting, especially climbing. I did option it with a 100mm fork instead of 120 also.

Currently weighing in at 12.5kegs and scratching my head how to get it under 12 without going to XX1...
yeah very nice indeed .the orange Czar was not my fav colour but if it came in lime would of gone for lime. I think for Oz the 100 ml fork is the way to go. I would of been happy with either the 429 or Czar. in the end the Czar was probably a slightly more race oriented steed with a longer top tube but we are splitting hairs.
thanks for the comments glad you are loving the 429.

camoshop

Banned
After 4 months of of Ownership plus 6 weeks off riding with a broken Rib could not be happier getting back on the Czar.
Have now set up to race but just enjoy riding it everywhere. We have been together at Buller Bright and South Oz for the National series and didn't quite have the set up dialled until i had a bit of time off work and time tweaking it at home. I started writing down all the set ups and changing them ever so slightly.

It has taken 4 to six goes to get the rear shock sorted as a very small change in air pressure makes a big difference but now i have it sorted i can't believe how good the DW link system it. On descents the Czar seems to perform more like a 120 travel bike as can soak up big hits with ease. very easy bike to ride and great climber.
Also as it a size med and i have a long body compared to legs i have put on a 100ml neg 16 stem that gets my body lower over the front. this has made a huge difference for me getting it to corner better.

I would def recommend this bike to guys that want to race and still want to ride on the weekend with mates. I hVE ridden a lot of 29ers over the last six months and pretty pleased with the decision . My 2nd choice would be either a pivot 429 which i found a little more trail bike and less race bike or a trek Sfly. The Czar seems to be a bit stronger and more solid than the Sfly AND i think will last longer.

only regret is maybe not going 1 x 11 as it would be another 600- 700 grams lighter but as shimano has served me well in the past I stuck with them.

Build. purchased the XT build then Sold the dt 350 wheels that came with the bike, as i had some light bike race wheels from my HT.

Czar med frame .
Fox ctd 100ml fork with the 52 mm front offset.
XT drive 10 x 3
thompson road stem neg 16 100ml
ENVE bar (was part of the XT build )
#3t set back seat post 27.9 with spacer ( this set up from my HTail and the thinner seat post dose work better IMHO)
light bike carbon china rims (All MTN . a bit wider than the XC and only 20 grams heavier )
DT 240 hubs.
cranky pedals
Nice man, loving the geo of that frame, at first glance I thought it was a ht, nice and tidy setup!!
Nice colour choice too!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
geo

Nice man, loving the geo of that frame, at first glance I thought it was a ht, nice and tidy setup!!
Nice colour choice too!
thanks Cam, yeah i think they got the Geo right. it's pretty understated , also rides very well for a 29er dually, think it's a combo of short rear chain stays, the 52 offset fork and the DW link.

Johnacles

Likes Bikes

Want to swap headsets? I have a blue Pivot one on my Black aluminium 429 with red everything and it drives my OCD crazy...