Post your 29er!

Gripo

Eats Squid
John, I still have squishy bikes....too old and fragile to ride hardtail in the dirt too much....

I was considering a roadie/cyclocross bike to cover some blacktop and/or dirt road riding. In the end a 29r hardtail just made sense, especially with the ability to run 2 wheelsets.

I put the other wheelset on thisarvo with some 700x35 Schwalbe Smart Sam cyclocross tyres. I look forward to touring the country roads around home.....yet I can switch out a set of 2.25" tyres for some singletrack.

Also for the first time in several years the Highball will have me clipping in.....

Yes jathanas this buld has been calculated for stealth, even down to the custom Fox fork decals....

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Pretty stoked on this bike, even though it's a hardtail.....looking to cover many miles with some long distance back road rides.

It will share two different wheelsets, those pictured and a set with cyclocross tyres.

View attachment 265681
ahhh, that belongs to you!
i was eyeing it off on Jonny Sprockets facebook page, very nice indeed.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anthem Advanced 29er work in progress.

Just put on some Fox terralogic kashima forks and new fox shock.

Gripo

Eats Squid
well very nice mate

put some drop bars on the HB
DB's ....don't think I can go that far....

....but here it is with the CX tyres and the first time in 7 years that I've run clips....

lovin it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370584601.370036.jpg

Last edited:

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
I have just got myself one of these new fancy 29inch wheeled bikes. They tell me it will roll over stuff better.......

ok, seriously... I’ve been a 26in fan for a long time, sticking to my guns when everyone told me that i should give a 29er a try. what can I say, im stubborn!

I picked this up from a mate that was desperate to sell, he was under orders from his wife to get rid of some toys!

It’s a 2013 epic comp carbon

Reba forks and Fox brain rear shock

XT running gear and Sram bb30 cranks. I’m converting to 1x10 using an eThirteen guide and 34t ring (parts are on their way from CRC)

Roval SL carbon wheels. mmmmmmm :)

Magura brakes. I’ve never used Magura before, so we will see how they go.

Sworks "the captain" front tyre and "fast track" rear.

cockpit is still the stock alloy gear, but this will be upgraded to some carbon FSA gear shortly.

Its currently sitting at 10.5kg with eggbeaters, but without the front guide. I’m hoping to get this down a little when I drop the alloy cockpit
I haven’t really ridden it yet...... its killing me!

Attachments

Big JD

Wheel size expert
You'll hate it mate and that bike is a lemon- look at those wheels.

Selling it for half what you paid and count your lucky stars you never had to ride it

Epic is truly epic!

Ridden my S-works Epic for a few weeks now. It's a dream uphill over any terrain and on the flat or downhill it is ridiculously fast!
You WILL love riding it and I doubt hat you will ever ride a 26er again!
Cheers