Photo a Day VI - Selection Thread

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s been a long wait, as I have been fairly busy, but hopefully in the larger gap, Rotorburn’s photographers have been able to hone their skills and continue to improve. This time there are going to be a few changes, hopefully to improve the quality of images being produced, and reducing the half-assed last minute efforts that some people post after committing themselves.
First off, introduction of a new selection process. In order to maintain a high standard, a 20 people cut off is now going to be enforced. This is not an effort to be elitist, but a chance to push people to their limits in order to fore fill the criteria. That’s what PAD is about, pushing yourself to improve.

To put yourself up for selection you either need to:
1. Post a link to a previous PAD that you have completed properly.
2. Or if you have not participated before, post links/embed 3 photos of entirely different subjects for judging.

Selection will be judged on skill and variation. This again is may seem elitist, but PAD is not about riding photography, but building and expanding your photography as a whole. If you have no photos other than riding shots to show, we are going to be nice enough to give you 5 days to go out and take some photos.
After 5 days are over, Tristan and myself will put together a list and post up the dates in the usual fashion.

So if your keen, post a comment with the criteria and check back after 5 days to see if you have made the list. If you have made the list, you will be given the 5-6 categories that you will need photograph. You will receive about 2 weeks to go and take photos, as there will be no archive photos. If you are selected and post photos that do not fit the categories or are archive shots, your thread will be deleted and will not take part in future PAD’s. Specific rules for image sizing will be added to the thread at the same time the selected people are announced.

If you are not selected this time, keep your head up high, get out with your camera and get snapping. Next time you can apply again, and if we can see improvement and skill, we will put you in someone else’s place.

What should be clear here is that you’re competing for a spot, and just because you have participated in PAD before, you spot is not guaranteed.
Tristan might even throw in a prize for the best PAD or most improved photographer. A big thanks to the T-man for his amazing input and construction in helping to improve this great challenge.
Tristan and I will be moderating this thread, and the selection process.
So please get posting if you want to be a part of PAD VI!

If you have skipped down to the end, and are reading this because you cannot be bothered to read the whole thing. Please do not even bother posting here.

UPDATE

Thanks to Tristan for his input on the list, was happy with his choices and here they are:

LIST
- Callan - 12th
- Samfish - 13th
- Moony - 14th
- Gluey trails - 15th
- U.D.O - 16th
- Cressa - 17th
- Leitch -18th
- Syko - 19th
- Hubbie - 20th
- AngoXC - 21st
- Territoryboy -22nd
- MJS - 23rd
- Unlearn - 24th
- Karnige182 - 25th
- Jervis - 26th
- Tristan - 27th
- Olly - 28th
- Alan - 29th
- Drew - 30th

Dates are going to start on the 12th of May to the 30th
Please PM if you want a specific date, first in first served basis, if you don't mind a date will be assigned to you. If you have not PM'd by Friday, you will be assigned a date.

Categories
  1. Riding
  2. Transportation
  3. Portrait
  4. Black and White
  5. Bokeh
  6. After Dark

Six is more than usual, but I think it will add to the competition, as there will be less competitors.

If you were not chosen this time round, go take photos of something stunning and knock us out the water for next time. We will be more than happy to accept people that deserve the opportunity.

Regards
-Ewan

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just read the rules... i wont worry about asking for a spot, theres only 20 spots and i know there's easily 20 better photographers on here then me.

can't wait to see the photo threads tho!

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just read the rules... i wont worry about asking for a spot, theres only 20 spots and i know there's easily 20 better photographers on here then me.

can't wait to see the photo threads tho!
No point in not showing us what you have got? Can only get better right?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll put my hand up, may as well have a crack this time around, however I'm on my phone currently, I'll grab some links and pics when I get home the surf :)