pedals

skillz

Likes Dirt
hey
what are some good pedals for urban and street? i need it to replace the ones on my one25, they are wellgo bmx which are too slippery

S.

ex offender
Some cheapo Wellgo ones are the ticket, they're cheap so ya don't have to worry if you damage em, have loooong spikes (ie they grip to your feet/shins), and they work fine.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Some cheapo Wellgo ones are the ticket, they're cheap so ya don't have to worry if you damage em, have loooong spikes (ie they grip to your feet/shins), and they work fine.
mine are dying :|
id get some dmr peggles

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
skillz said:
hey
what are some good pedals for urban and street? i need it to replace the ones on my one25, they are wellgo bmx which are too slippery
too slippery? those pedals are rad! If they are the black wellgo ones that have been on all the norco superx and bmx bikes, with the pins like 5mm long, i don't think you'll find a pedal much gripper. A lot depends on the shoe you wear, some don't grip very well i've found...

lindsay

Likes Dirt
If you've got money then get some Easton flatties. They're grippy even with worn out shoes. I love them.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
FUNN souljams, they are KEWL KEWL KEWL. but i find they don't grip too well with my ugg boots

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't go for the dmr's... for street they tend to be a little small. Have a look at the azonic a-frames.

Ty

Eats Squid
fat_rider i have the opposite to say i find V8s perfect for street/urban/dirt jumping while A-frames are a little too small, i still like primo super tenderisers as the perfect street/platform pedal

Brett

Likes Dirt
DMR v8's are pretty good, don't go the V12's i don't think sealed bearings are worth paying double the price.

Ryan

Radministrator
I use Odyssey Twisted's and like them for street / urban, plenty of grip, big platform, nice parallelogram, not too heavy, they've had a year of riding under me and as they came on a second hand bike I'm guessing they've seen a few years before me. Haven't bent, twisted or anything only gripe I have is they don't have replaceable pins.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I'm running those as well ryan, i love 'em. just a couple pins have been ground down, they've done well however as i've had them for around 4 or more years

fastrider gus

super huck
DMR V12's are well worth the extra cashish i rekon... you never have to touch 'em..
im making some new bodies to put onto the existing axle and bearings... 16 5mm pins per side, 120mm wide and 100mm long!!
solid allow with a few holes for looks (which happen to lighten them too)
they should be the schmickest thing around!

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sxereturn said:
From my BMX experience, DO NOT get Snafu pedals if you like the way you're calf muscle looks.
?? why so, i have some on my bmx and they just like any other flat pedal??

really everyone says this pedal is great, that pedal is great... they're mostly all the same, a bit of metal with little pins sticking out... Not much to seperate them, the longer the pins the better!

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's like saying all frames are a few pieces of pipe slapped together.

Snafu spindles aren't too strong, and not many bend, they just snap all of a sudden.

zac

Likes Dirt
i've just got cheap vps which seem to be ok, but if i had the money i'd go either funn souljam vipers, the wellgos with the screw pins, or dice outlaws. on the same topic, anyone tried the holzfellers? if so are they any good?