Newly Released Bikes General

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I don‘t really get the hate for e-bikes. I don't have one but reckon i might end up there some day. They seem to make a lot of sense for aggressive trail/enduro style bikes and I see plenty of people smashing out laps and having massive fun at Eatons Cutting and other places where you need proper skills (not just a phat wallet).

When I’m out on the trails it seems like they have pretty good acceptance. But on forums it still seems like it’s cool to hate on them.

What I’m NOT a fan of is stupid fucking internal routing through the headset. Also not a fan of Transition suddenly deciding the rear brake should be routed internally. Both those decisions make me scratch my head a bit and wonder WTF they are thinking.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don‘t really get the hate for e-bikes. I don't have one but reckon i might end up there some day. They seem to make a lot of sense for aggressive trail/enduro style bikes and I see plenty of people smashing out laps and having massive fun at Eatons Cutting and other places where you need proper skills (not just a phat wallet).

When I’m out on the trails it seems like they have pretty good acceptance. But on forums it still seems like it’s cool to hate on them.

What I’m NOT a fan of is stupid fucking internal routing through the headset. Also not a fan of Transition suddenly deciding the rear brake should be routed internally. Both those decisions make me scratch my head a bit and wonder WTF they are thinking.
I, too, have some trouble understanding some of the hate. Also, most, if not all, in my experience, of the trail users are no different than the non e bike riders. My only dislike is for the riders who pretend there is no motor on the bike. Most of the people I know with them are over 50 and are fond of pointing out " you till have to pedal them". So I usually ask " then what happens?'".
I did have a look at the Pinkbike review of Transition's e bike only to look at the comments. ( the review are getting blander and more sycophantic over time). One reviewer pointed out "
$8k starting is insane, but when you realize how quickly motors/batteries are wearing out and how expensive they are to replace, it's even more nuts. And only a 2 year motor warranty. For example (same motor): nsmb.com/articles/2022-norco-range-vlt-full-review

Your bike is now a consumer electronic, with life span and replacement costs to match. Maybe this is why eBikes are a cash cow? As a company you can probably count on much shorter product purchase cycles as electric components fail or are quickly made obsolete?"

moorey

call me Mia
I, too, have some trouble understanding some of the hate. Also, most, if not all, in my experience, of the trail users are no different than the non e bike riders. My only dislike is for the riders who pretend there is no motor on the bike. Most of the people I know with them are over 50 and are fond of pointing out " you till have to pedal them". So I usually ask " then what happens?'".
I did have a look at the Pinkbike review of Transition's e bike only to look at the comments. ( the review are getting blander and more sycophantic over time). One reviewer pointed out "
$8k starting is insane, but when you realize how quickly motors/batteries are wearing out and how expensive they are to replace, it's even more nuts. And only a 2 year motor warranty. For example (same motor): nsmb.com/articles/2022-norco-range-vlt-full-review

Your bike is now a consumer electronic, with life span and replacement costs to match. Maybe this is why eBikes are a cash cow? As a company you can probably count on much shorter product purchase cycles as electric components fail or are quickly made obsolete?"
I don't hate eBikes, I hate eBikers...
Jks. I do hate the push for them, and the fact that companies who can't supply us with the acoustic bikes we are crying out for, are bringing out shipping containers of each of the 16 new ebikes in their catalogue. I also hate that they have spawned the eAccessory/component/part industry, which usually just means heavier but more expensive. Fuck you, LinkGlide.
My daughters eBike is the best thing we've ever bought. She can come out for hours on tough rides that she couldn't yet do on her trail bike, and I couldn't do without her if she had to stay home. I dislike being constantly told I need one, and don't know what I'm missing out on. While I am able to pedal, I will. When I can't, I'll ebike rather than nobike.

jrewing

Eats Squid
The Lamborghini Urus sadly won’t be going anywhere. It is has been a massive sales hit. There is a few getting around Adelaide. Based on the Audi Q7. Start at $400k I think. Youch.

View attachment 387022
My next door neighbour has one order. To go with his Aston Martin, brabus G wagon and wife’s cayenne turbo. Id add some joke as I normally do but there’s nothing I can conjure..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My next door neighbour has one order. To go with his Aston Martin, brabus G wagon and wife’s cayenne turbo. Id add some joke as I normally do but there’s nothing I can conjure..
Keep thinking about it and something will pop up?

His collection sounds a little dysfunctional...

Are the drugs your neighbour sells any good?

I can keep this up if you want? Unlike your neighbour.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Is your neighbour my neighbour? He has a AMG G wagon for daily driving. Wife has a AMG GLC and he has a Lambo. Think it’s an Aventador. They are currently rebuilding their garage at obscene amounts of money to store their cars.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Is your neighbour my neighbour? He has a AMG G wagon for daily driving. Wife has a AMG GLC and a Lambo. Think it’s an Aventador. They are currently rebuilding their garage at obscene amounts of money to store their cars.
But I'm sure they pay their full, fair share of tax.........