Newly Released Bikes General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This argument is one of my problems with E-bikers. A 2 hour ride will always be a 2 hour ride and the distance covered won’t change that.

Everyone I know that has an E-bike has lost fitness from doing so, which is not what I want from my exercise. Their 45km in 2 hour argument quickly turns to 30km in 90 minutes and they end up riding less than they ever did
I suppose argument is, you get more riding done in the same 2hrs that you would have done on a normal bike. It depends on what you want to get out of your ride. You could say the same thing for riding with a modern bike compared to a bike without gears, and 80's tyres and brakes. You are going to get and easier ride on the modern bike. Hell, you could run and delete the bike altogether.

I know several people that have increased their fitness from riding their Ebike, but it's because they have more motivation from the increased enjoyment they are getting so they ride more. Getting a new bike can do the same thing. It really comes down to why you ride, is it for fitness and the enjoyment is a secondary bonus or is it the other way around.
For anyone who has raced motocross would know that you need to be very fit and there's no pedals to be seen. On the other hand if you just putt around the bush on your dirt bike you won't get much exercise at all. It's no different on a mountain bike.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I suppose argument is, you get more riding done in the same 2hrs that you would have done on a normal bike. It depends on what you want to get out of your ride. You could say the same thing for riding with a modern bike compared to a bike without gears, and 80's tyres and brakes. You are going to get and easier ride on the modern bike. Hell, you could run and delete the bike altogether.
That's where I disagree, you are riding more trails, but you are doing the same amount of riding.

Anyway, the Airdrop looks unreal. Just simple and fun!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That's where I disagree, you are riding more trails, but you are doing the same amount of riding.
It depends on what you definition of "riding" is. Is it time on the bike, is it distance, is it the amount of calories burnt?
I can just sit stationary on my bike for 2hrs, but I wouldn't call it a 2hr ride.
Once again it comes down to what you want to get out of going for a ride. If you have 2hrs to spare and you want to send some descent trail, you'll get more runs down it on the Ebike that you would on a normal bike. On the other hand if you are wanting the most physical effort in those two hours a normal bike (or even more of a challenge, the Ebike switched off) would give you more calories burnt.
If your sole focus was just physical effort, you need to sell you bike and just run up that hill, as a bike is a mechanical advantage that makes movement easier ;)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Calling Dr @beeb for suspension analysis.

Looks to me like it is simply a horst link setup. Hard to tell 100% from the photos, but can't really see any other link hidden away there..?
High pivot horst like everyone else with a hideous Ellsworth-inspired rocker. What's not to hate?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
High pivot horst like everyone else with a hideous Ellsworth-inspired rocker. What's not to hate?
What? No JS-tuned-link (VPP)? Even with no patent obstacle, looks like only SC and Propain still running it (of the bigger players; I think there was another French or Spanish company using it)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Calling Dr @beeb for suspension analysis.

Looks to me like it is simply a horst link setup. Hard to tell 100% from the photos, but can't really see any other link hidden away there..?
Anyone want to copy a non-gram'r a picture?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lol. How many prototype DH bikes have Intense had since their last production model? They’re completely lost without a compass.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca5vMGnMdCm/
I don't hate it? Took me a little bit to work out what shock was on it though...

You're right though, Intense have been wandering the desert ever since they went fancy plastic. Still remember a video with Jeff Steber circa 2013 where he looked visibly embarrassed talking about how they were switching to carbon. Also not that long ago they basically had four bikes (Spider, Recluse, ACV and Primer) that were all pretty much the same thing.

As weird as that is, at least it looks like they're trying to get back to their roots of making unique - and hopefully effective - DH sleds.