Newly Released Bikes General

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
More generally, it seems that high end builds on bikes are now pushing the $20k mark more frequently - ebike or not. It’s out of control.
Agreed. It has evolved into a pissing contest of the 'bicycle' than costs more than an MX bike. I guess they keep pushing and seeing how many they sell. If they don't do it then the next guy will.

The margins must be pretty healthy.

I am all with progress but it is hard to get behind any standard when they have the knack of bringing along 'new and improved' versions later. Suddenly your bike investment is now deemed old and valued that way.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rob Roskopp didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about the Heckler in his PB interview with Mike Levy, unless he’d gassed up with a few cones beforehand?
How does he normally come across during interviews? To me it seemed like he just DGAF.

The blunts / cones alternative also holds up.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Something to purge the taste:

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/pace-cycles-rc295-2020-review/

Looks choice, comes up really well in the review.

And the price is great for a boutique brand.
I like Pace and had much want for one of their steel 650b hardtails they launched a few years ago. But I was also uncharitably concerned Pace might have just nicked a cheapy carbon frame from the specials menu at the Taipei Bike Show to get a nice easy entry into the mid-travel 29er market segment.

Judging by that review I couldn't have been more wrong. Bang up to date geometry, well thought out design features and (apparently) an amazing ride. I kinda want one.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep, they sullied the good name of the classic Heckler!
I think as current and former Heckler pilots we can agree that stapling that name to that fat abomination is even more offensive than if Ford were to put the iconic Mustang badge on a bloated electric SUV.

Oh, wait.....

Can we please change the e-bike section to "boomer scooters"? PB comments deliver again.
Just trawling through it now instead of being productive. Some sensational vitriol there. I like the rename suggestion "Powertower" - I assume it has some appendage connotation but that never stopped Cove.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Imagine driving around with that Lapierre abortion on top of a Citroen... you’d almost want to drive it into the garage door.

Rob Roskopp didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about the Heckler in his PB interview with Mike Levy, unless he’d gassed up with a few cones beforehand?
He doesn't own or steer the company any more. It's just a job now.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Agreed. It has evolved into a pissing contest of the 'bicycle' than costs more than an MX bike. I guess they keep pushing and seeing how many they sell. If they don't do it then the next guy will.

The margins must be pretty healthy.

I am all with progress but it is hard to get behind any standard when they have the knack of bringing along 'new and improved' versions later. Suddenly your bike investment is now deemed old and valued that way.
There are a lot of people out there that have more money than sense....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Funny thing about common sense.......
That it isn't so common :) Good luck to the folks that can shell out for a $10k+ MTB. If they can then why not...

It is another expensive toy and still cheaper overall than power boats, performance cars and planes on the plus side. We all enjoy bike pr0n but it isn't a must-have to complete our world.

Sure, go for something worthy to make it more fun bit don't let price be the only gauge for how much fun you are supposed to have.

I still have fond memories of my first MTB rides on plain gauge steel with 200GS that would probably beat me up if I took it out for MTB rides now. Having a newish uber bike doesn't matter as much to me these days. I like to tinker with bike bits too.