Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The only interesting item in that photograph is what appears to be a new Shimano Saint crank.
I'm a little surprised they didn't opt for a direct-mount chainring TBH, I wonder if the chainring can be swapped without removing the cranks in that setup?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm a little surprised they didn't opt for a direct-mount chainring TBH, I wonder if the chainring can be swapped without removing the cranks in that setup?

With a bit of jiggling one can usually get a 104BCD off without going all in for crank removal.

beeb

$20k DH bike incoming! Given how many get sold I'm shocked by how many DH bikes are available.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
With the enduro coverage being shithouse now and a few of the big names (Rude, Hill, etc...) looking at doing some DH rounds this year, I reckon the sales will see a brief spike until everyone realises how singular in purpose they are. Great time to buy a used DH bike in two years time, lol.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Looks like a carbon kavenz VHP18
Wow you're absolutely right.
that 'sixfinity' linkage is marketing wank name but actually a bloody impressive bit of kit. Was quite surprised they didn't roll this out onto their non-e frames.
I asked the same question to people who know a bit more about such things and was told it's essentially overkill - it weighs a fair whack and doesn't deliver any overt advantages outside of the extra stonk / force an ebike has.

Also thinking about how many bearings a six bar linkage would need hurts my brain.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Talking about DH bikes.
an old design with more modern geo
BE STILL MY BLEEDING WALLET!!!!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

beeb

Talking about DH bikes.
an old design with more modern geo
Wouldn't want to ride that thing in the wet - that poor rear shock! :eek: