Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Don't sell yourself short @beeb I've seen the rock gardens you have to drive to ride over.

All three of those rocks need all the travels!
Suffice to say I felt more than a little overbiked. :p

I suspect there are trails/lines that would actually give the travel a workout - if I can find them (and work up the bottle to hit them...). :oops:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I'd be guessing new Druid just because it's older and Forbidden just released a mildly revised Dreadnought with UDH compatibility.

Does look seriously different though - including new suspension design given its no longer a single piece rear triangle...?
4 bar given the pivot on the rear of the stay? Trying to find a photo of their DH bike but Pinkbike same rear end as that.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be guessing new Druid just because it's older and Forbidden just released a mildly revised Dreadnought with UDH compatibility.

Edit: I think it might be the DH bike but just being run as a single crown - check out the similarities.
It absolutely looks like the DH bike with a single crown fork on.

The chain runs along the top of the seatstay on the Dreadnought and of course doesn't have the pivot near the rear axle.

Lots of people speculating about it being the new Druid which makes sense given the age of the Druid. Probably unlikely that Forbidden would race a trail bike on the EWS but Vali Holl used a Trek Fuel and even won a stage on it. Guaranteed she's running it longshocked. If it's standard 140mm on the rear she must be superhuman!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commencal TEMPO review
Looks like an interesting bike, and would likely have gone that way had it been available when I was looking for an FS frame - and at the very least made drawn my eye from Banshee. Looks like solid value too.

Review: 2023 Commencal Tempo LTD - Pinkbike
Good review, pretty good spec, and something that I might have been interested in if they did a frame only option (and Banshee didn't offer me 25% off...).
Base model is $4,600 and the one recommended in the article is $5600 (plus shipping) which is getting up there for direct-to-consumer aluminum. If memory serves it would be around $1500 more than the top spec AL Spectral125, which I think has similar level components (but a different ride style). For $400 more you're getting a carbon Spectral with XT and a 36.
There isn't really a YT comparison as the Izzo is only in Carbon, and for $6500 you get some NX crap...

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Good review, pretty good spec, and something that I might have been interested in if they did a frame only option (and Banshee didn't offer me 25% off...).
Base model is $4,600 and the one recommended in the article is $5600 (plus shipping) which is getting up there for direct-to-consumer aluminum. If memory serves it would be around $1500 more than the top spec AL Spectral125, which I think has similar level components (but a different ride style). For $400 more you're getting a carbon Spectral with XT and a 36.
There isn't really a YT comparison as the Izzo is only in Carbon, and for $6500 you get some NX crap...
I’m always surprised Commencal aren’t better value. All alloy, simple product range, direct to consumer… ok value but not great

pink poodle

気が狂っている男