Newly Released Bikes General

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I owned a lot of sets of totems and 66s back in the day. I even owned a few 180mm 36s. None of those forks ever had a creaking CSU. In more recent times something has changed and it isn't just the 20mm thru axle!
Could the slacker head tube angle be playing a part to the creaking, wonder how Totems etc would fair on modern geo? That said the Durolux doesn't creak and the Auron didn't creak, I think the weight weenie crazy plays a significant part.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Could the slacker head tube angle be playing a part to the creaking, wonder how Totems etc would fair on modern geo? That said the Durolux doesn't creak and the Auron didn't creak, I think the weight weenie crazy plays a significant part.
I was thinking the same. Although, the trend seems to be longer travel forks for more up on lower frames for more down then a shorter headtube makes sense to follow. There must be lots more head angle levering kind of forces concentrated on a shorter looking HT and fork crown, or something :)

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I owned a lot of sets of totems and 66s back in the day. I even owned a few 180mm 36s. None of those forks ever had a creaking CSU. In more recent times something has changed and it isn't just the 20mm thru axle!
It’s the shopping trolley geo, slower speeds and shorter a2c on yaw dinosaur 26 that meant the fork was rarely outside of operating parameters. Now there’s 14 year old kids going bigger on trail bikes than I ever could on a 26 dh rig.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
The A2C with 29" wheels is significantly longer now. Long travel SC's are doomed to creak at this length with their current manufacturing method. Upgrading steerer size does nothing. DC is the future. Turning radius is the same as a knock block. No one is doing X-Ups or bar spins.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The Patrol has disappeared from the Transition website - must be getting close to the oneth.
June 1st and June 3rd for successive launches of two new bikes* - USA time. So something should be appearing tomorrow....

*although I think that's just alloy and carbon versions of the same bike.