Newly Released Bikes General

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd love to know how many people actually ride bikes with their saddles at the same height as their handlebars.

Bikes get shown like this all the time like it's perfectly symmetrical when it's unrelated to real life.

Maybe it's just me and my XL brethren with a saddle to bar drop over 2cms.
Even better when the bars are a long way above the saddle height.

moorey

call me Mia
"My bike totally fits me mate, it's the perfect size. I like to run a smaller frame."

Usually the same peeps who are steerer spacers good / riser bars bad.
Yeah, young fella (10yo maybe) at our minimuddies race on the weekend....Bike was waaaay to small for him, reckon dad has had him on the same one for years and doesn't want to pony up for a new one. Had one of the steerer extenders, riser stem, and a ton of rise in the bars.....Bars were easily 12" higher than they should be. Must have been horrific to ride down the track, but he had a smile on his face, so who am I to say something.
Hopefully it's new bike day soon.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
"My bike totally fits me mate, it's the perfect size. I like to run a smaller frame."

Usually the same peeps who are steerer spacers good / riser bars bad.
So I sized down on my most recent frame and love it, it has a stack of spacers on the steerer*, and recently dropped from 50mm risers to 30mm.

Your comment stung a little... :p

(*because I pulled the fork off a bike with a 20mm longer headtube)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So I sized down on my most recent frame and love it, it has a stack of spacers on the steerer*, and recently dropped from 50mm risers to 30mm.

Your comment stung a little... :p

(*because I pulled the fork off a bike with a 20mm longer headtube)
goes and checks PYR thread for evidence

Nah you're cool - I wouldn't have even noticed that stack height until you pointed it out :)

However.... size L Sentinel.... 475mm reach.... do you even tall bro? Do you even geometry? The internet says anyone over 6'2" needs a 500mm+ reach now. In 12 months it'll be 520mm. What are you doing?
To be fair, that probably due to not having a seat collar specific tool to change the seat post out....
I've heard about those! Do they sell them in the aisles next to the stripy paint and inflatable dart boards?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
goes and checks PYR thread for evidence

Nah you're cool - I wouldn't have even noticed that stack height until you pointed it out :)

However.... size L Sentinel.... 475mm reach.... do you even tall bro? Do you even geometry? The internet says anyone over 6'2" needs a 500mm+ reach now. In 12 months it'll be 520mm. What are you doing?

I've heard about those! Do they sell them in the aisles next to the stripy paint and inflatable dart boards?
Mine is 480mm reach with a 74 degree seat tube angle..

Minlak

custom titis
Started seeing more emails advertising 2022 models of bikes - and have seen some new releases of components - I know RnD and releases are planned years ahead just feels very surreal getting information on 2022 stock when you can barely get 2021 stock.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Started seeing more emails advertising 2022 models of bikes - and have seen some new releases of components - I know RnD and releases are planned years ahead just feels very surreal getting information on 2022 stock when you can barely get 2021 stock.
Who are these emails coming from?