New wheel size on the Horizon. (club 36)

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And I though 29” was too slow in response and bought 27.5 coz I could chuck it around more. Guess I better sell it. Long open fire trails are obviously where the fun is at.

brawlo

Squid
They’ve been around for a long time now. 36er unicycles provided a source for wheel bits. Dirty Sixer has been pioneering developments for the tall units for more standard bits like hubs and the MRP forks. At 6’5” long legs and arms I thought this was my destiny to solve “standard” bike issues and I’ve been saving up. But a stumbled across the newish long slack geo bikes and now hope a Pole Taival will have me sorted in a more “normal” package

safreek

Saw a bloke on facebook riding one of these 36rs up many flights of stairs so I guess they are more practical than a 29r. If you are into riding up instead of down. Odd but still

Flow-Rider

Burner
Saw a bloke on facebook riding one of these 36rs up many flights of stairs so I guess they are more practical than a 29r. If you are into riding up instead of down. Odd but still
Yeah, pretty much like fitting 36" tyres to a 4wd with 30". Looks like he's gaining a bit of momentum with interest in the bike. As for people saying you can't dampen wheel oscillation from a wheel that has more weight than a 29er wheel, look at a motor bike wheels because they get dampened OK.

safreek

At least it's a decent wheel size change, not like the other changes that happened for no good reason, I don't think the 36 will become a common standard but judging by video it may be a bit if fun.
Laff at me all you want but I would love to have a go at riding one of these monstrosities up some stairs.
Start the burning at the stake

nexusfish

El Mariachi
This is the only way bikes are going to look normal again with the way cassette sizes are going. Can run a 70 tooth, no dramas now...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
36" wheels are the forerunner of the next generation of 60T cassettes..... They need the big wheels to keep the derailleur off the ground.