New wheel size on the Horizon. (club 36)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just when you thought MTB wagon wheels could have got no bigger the new 36" comes along.

Is this going to be the next big fad with all the wagon wheel lovers or will it just fizzle out like the old corduroy pants ?

36 1.jpg

36 2.jpg

29 4.jpg

36 4.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited:

safreek

No suspension, are they mad.
I guess if you got sucked in to 29rs this is the perfect upgrade.
I would like a penny farting for the longer journey

Flow-Rider

Burner
Is it April 1 again already?
Unfortunately not, there's a few getting around here already. I never thought I'd see the day where they raced DH with a 29er but look at what happened.
Been around for ages - makes perfect sense of you are enormous:

https://dirtysixer.com/
I have heard of them before but never seen them sold in Australia. A bloke has made a claim that he's improved on 80% of his rides, looked like long distance type of riding stuff though.
No suspension, are they mad.
I guess if you got sucked in to 29rs this is the perfect upgrade.
I would like a penny farting for the longer journey
It's total hipster style but I have a great idea for your monsters.
DH forks.jpg

I've got an idea that will blow this right out of the water. 38" wheels.
Wait until they bring the Fat Bike model out, they'll need to run tractor tyres.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Saw one at Monkey Wrench Cycles. Guy servicing it said they have been around for a while. Looked so weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPG

likes thicc birds
I can't imagine that they would be much use with most mtb bikes as the unsprung weight would make it a challenge to get suspension running well, never mind the fact that there really won't be much space for suspension on anything but XXL frames

Jpez

Down on the left!
I notice that all the images of the bike are on the road or grass.
Probably where it belongs.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah nah not for me
Bigger cassettes will be needed to get an equivalent lowest gear to the normal size wheel bikes

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
whats next..406mm brake rotors to pull up those fucking stupidly oversized wagon wheels
hipsters gonna hip!
did you see the price , 5.5K upwards for a no-susser!

Last edited: