Mystic MTB - Bright

Jpez

Down on the left!
My battery had gone flat by the time we got to Old English. But this is my mate following me down.
Awesome trail, best views, sketchy off camber, crazy exposure.
It’s not a bad trail. Definitely challenging because of the loose, steep off camber corners etc buts it’s basically just a goat track. I was hoping for a bit tech. It feels like riding through Arizona or something.

BTW. tell your mate to invest in a bash guard. 3rd time this year he says.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting that Alpine Shire just took over the management and then this happens.

The main question would be whether Dirt Art get some license to build trails.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s not a bad trail. Definitely challenging because of the loose, steep off camber corners etc buts it’s basically just a goat track. I was hoping for a bit tech. It feels like riding through Arizona or something.

BTW. tell your mate to invest in a bash guard. 3rd time this year he says.
He's been told lol

I guess that's why I liked it, not many other trails like that around here. Plenty of tech on the other trails.

Jpez

Down on the left!
He's been told lol

I guess that's why I liked it, not many other trails like that around here. Plenty of tech on the other trails.
Yeah I know. But it’s called a ‘tech’ trail. Guess I was expecting a little more. It’ll evolve over time. Can say those steep off camber RH corners completely fucked me up though. I’m good with turning body left but suck turning in right. The knobs on my rear tires testify to that fact.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My battery had gone flat by the time we got to Old English. But this is my mate following me down.
That looks fun! Certainly a few lines that require commitment though.
Can say those steep off camber RH corners completely fucked me up though. I’m good with turning body left but suck turning in right.
Same. Weird. Actually I suck at both but handle turning right with marginally less enshitification.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That looks fun! Certainly a few lines that require commitment though.

Same. Weird. Actually I suck at both but handle turning right with marginally less enshitification.
I am notably stiffer on one side of my body due to injury. I guess that’s part of the equation.
There’s a full commitment RH off camber corner in a chute into a creek gully at a place I ride. It’s often slippery AF. If you don’t turn in hard and attack your bike just stands up and down it goes. If that was a left hander I’d have no issue.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Did you use your battery for getting back up ?
Thats long obviously hand built ?
Are they charging to ride it or just for shuttles ?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you use your battery for getting back up ?
Thats long obviously hand built ?
Are they charging to ride it or just for shuttles ?
Camera battery, I'm still riding my bike for the moment :)

I think it's $15 a day if you ride up. Just the Mystic Park pass. Though I wonder if anyone would ever know. They do check your paid up before giving you your shuttle pass.

dirtart

Likes Bikes
To answer some of the above questions/comments-

- Alpine Shire Council did just take back the management of the park, but this was only an interim measure until they found a new operator.
- The current plan is to start the new lease to Elevation Parks on July 1 this year. This is pending further discussion with council.
- Our teams plan to hit the ground in the very near future to begin work on building a lot of new trails.

We will have a lot more info out and about in the coming weeks as we finalise the lease, and begin to lock in development plans.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To answer some of the above questions/comments-

- Alpine Shire Council did just take back the management of the park, but this was only an interim measure until they found a new operator.
- The current plan is to start the new lease to Elevation Parks on July 1 this year. This is pending further discussion with council.
- Our teams plan to hit the ground in the very near future to begin work on building a lot of new trails.

We will have a lot more info out and about in the coming weeks as we finalise the lease, and begin to lock in development plans.

So the relevant council has leased this bike park to elevation parks to operate as a for profit venture? Or to manage on behalf of the relevant council?

dirtart

Likes Bikes
The park operation will be leased to Elevation Parks- our sister bike park operational company.

There is a long history and a lot of work gone into reaching this point, but in short this model will give the park the best chance to thrive going forward.

So the relevant council has leased this bike park to elevation parks to operate as a for profit venture? Or to manage on behalf of the relevant council?