Mont 24, so who's going?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
i ache all over, my thighs are killing me, the soles of my feet ache and my hands are swollen

did +24 hours straight, wrenching for SIC with Linden etc, i'm now in more pain then if i'd riden in it!!!

big props to Dave 'Jamie Oliver' Muir, the coffee king

great event

Hey Squid!
Were you just riding someone else's solo bike or did you actually enter solo again? I feel for all those crazy solo people because I only did 6 laps and am completely shagged today. And my poor bike...that was the KHS that you saw snapped clean through the seat tube. (hehehe, I'm hardcore!!!) :twisted:
Aside from that, and the 5km run to the finish after the snapped frame, I had an awesome time. Hope everyone else did too.

dilemma

girl+bike
Toxic said:
And what about the number of women riding. Seemed like 50 % of the people I saw were ladies. Brilliant.
Yay, go the girls! I was in a team of 3 girls and we had fun.

What cracked me up was the line up for the men's toilets! bit of a reversal there. Us girls could just walk straight in the the loos and out again!

Toxic said:
My back hurts
ouch mine too! so does my arse (sit bones to be precise) I rode to work this morning (on my roadie) and was surprised that I actually made it!

:D altogether a fun weekend.

Huge thanks to all the people who volunteered and worked so hard to make it happen, it's easy to take them for granted and that these events just magically occur! *applause* :D

Toxic

Likes Dirt
dilemma said:
What cracked me up was the line up for the men's toilets! bit of a reversal there. Us girls could just walk straight in the the loos and out again!
Yes. My wife and I found that quite ironic.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
parallax said:
btw: Huge props to Squid who lent one of my team mates a battery when her lighting system bonked 2km from the finish line. I bet if you knew she was with me, you'd have kept riding.
(and don't think I didn't hear you laugh as you rode past me at sunset :lol:)
You're lucky I didn't pay attention to your race number number Parallax!
MrCove said:
did +24 hours straight, wrenching for SIC with Linden etc, i'm now in more pain then if i'd riden in it!!!

big props to Dave 'Jamie Oliver' Muir, the coffee king
You guys rawked. The coffee was a life saver too!
Miss Chief said:
Hey Squid!
Were you just riding someone else's solo bike or did you actually enter solo again?
No no, that was my 42lbs solo bike puttering up that hill. After 10 laps, I suffered a case of 'monkey butt syndrome', yet my legs and back still felt fine... so I decided to take the DH rig out. Ended up doing 2 of the most comfortable (and FUN) laps on it :)
Miss Chief said:
that was the KHS that you saw snapped clean through the seat tube. (hehehe, I'm hardcore!!!) :twisted:
pics pics ! ! !
dilemma said:
If only you were at the Mont last year... we're just thankful we had a loo this time round! However the 'mine field of 03' was absolutely hilarious :lol:

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
yet my legs and back still felt fine...
Of course they felt fine - you weren't trying! Well, that's if our cruisey first lap was any indication! :D

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
McBain said:
Squidly Didly said:
yet my legs and back still felt fine...
Of course they felt fine - you weren't trying! Well, that's if our cruisey first lap was any indication! :D
800m walk, confusion at the start line, 15km average up that first hill... and we still had to wait 5-10 mins to get through that first single track :p

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
800m walk, confusion at the start line, 15km average up that first hill... and we still had to wait 5-10 mins to get through that first single track :p
Hey Squidly, you must have been behind LittleRedBull (my son) he did our first lap and ran the 800, he was in the first half of the field when he got to the bikes, he also had to wait for about 5 minutes at the top of the switchbacks..... he was one very annoyed little boy!!! It would have been his fasted lap otherwise!!!

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I was there, in fact I even fell asleep during the presentation (I was the tart with the Ireland hat)... It was a great event, some water/showers would have been great though & if someone shot that STU that was on the horn all day:evil: **Comment edit/retracted**

Body held up OK, bike even better... I saw Squid (youlankybastardifthatwasyou), taking his time in the walk, I was just near your bike when you got to it... I am in need of a new BB though as mine is sounding gawd awful at the moment.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Cúl-Báire said:
I saw Squid (youlankybastardifthatwasyou), taking his time in the walk, I was just near your bike when you got to it...
With 23hrs and 50mins to go, did you really think I was going to rush it! and what's this bit about you being right near my bike, and not sayin g'day. Anti-social snob :p

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Squidly, LittleRedBull is 12..... He was sharing the Yellow Giant ATX870 with his sister. His first lap was 1:39, his first night lap (about 10pm ) was 1:35.

We all rode with Orange Raw NRG Thredbo T shirts on.

And yes!!!! We all had loads of fun!!!

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Cúl-Báire said:
I saw Squid (youlankybastardifthatwasyou), taking his time in the walk, I was just near your bike when you got to it...
With 23hrs and 50mins to go, did you really think I was going to rush it! and what's this bit about you being right near my bike, and not sayin g'day. Anti-social snob :p
We'll no offense Squid, but in my defence... Hearing how much your on that computer of yours I half expected you to be a fat bastard, not the tall skinny person that you are :p

I did spend the rest of the race looking for you though, to no avail- no wonder why, you was camped out in that tent of yours not doing laps :p j/k

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
BrumbyJack said:
Squidly, LittleRedBull is 12..... He was sharing the Yellow Giant ATX870 with his sister. His first lap was 1:39, his first night lap (about 10pm ) was 1:35.

We all rode with Orange Raw NRG Thredbo T shirts on.

And yes!!!! We all had loads of fun!!!
I can't remember seeing him myself as there were quite a few little ones out there, not that that was a bad thing! I think it's awesome to see so many young'uns getting into it. I know I (along with many others) gave encouragement when we saw them on the trails.
Cúl-Báire said:
We'll no offense Squid, but in my defence... Hearing how much your on that computer of yours I half expected you to be a fat bastard, not the tall skinny person that you are :p

I did spend the rest of the race looking for you though, to no avail- no wonder why, you was camped out in that tent of yours not doing laps :p j/k
I even have the right diet for the fat lazy bastard thing. You heard bout my tactic for anti-leg seizing right... 500g of twiggy sticks (aka pure sodium) was the key!
As for my tent, well we got told to pull the Manitou banner down as it was advertising... despite the fact we were no-where near the finish line / transition area which I would've completely understood. Asswipes :roll:

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
The 3 little ones were all on our team!!! Our first 3 rider's combined ages came to 33 :lol: 12 + 12 + 9 !!!!! The next oldest rider (me) was 40!!! then 2 a few years older again.

parallax

Likes Dirt
BrumbyJack said:
The 3 little ones were all on our team!!! Our first 3 rider's combined ages came to 33 :lol: 12 + 12 + 9 !!!!! The next oldest rider (me) was 40!!! then 2 a few years older again.
So your daughter was that little ripper on the Giant ATX??
You've gotta be proud mate, Lisa Mathison watch out!

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
parallax said:
BrumbyJack said:
So your daughter was that little ripper on the Giant ATX??
You've gotta be proud mate, Lisa Mathison watch out!
Yep, that's her!!!!

I'm very proud of both of them, and their friend as well.

Mine have been MTB riding for less than 12 months!!! This was her first major race and his second (he did the Sydney 24 hour).

They started with the NSW Interschools in March, then the National Interschools.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Bugger!!! We already have something on.... and it is a long drive.

We will be doing the 2 remaining CORC XC rounds though.