Middle East situation

safreek

Ok. Sigh…
yes, that's the reply I expected
IMG_20240108_123711.jpg

Australian racism at its best.
These posters are in alstonville. These hostages have a right to be remembered but no, some fuckwit has defaced them. Racism at its best, and cowardly
IMG_20240108_123711.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
As I said, I used to support Palestine.
But when surrounded by enemies on all sides you need to dish out a big whacking with a big stick to ensure your countries safety
So what you've just done there is given support to violence from entities that feel threatened. So in effect you actually do support Hamas as they too feel threatened by Israel's unrelenting encroachment on their territory.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Nah man. My sensibilities aren’t offended. I agree 100% about the Murdochs and his ilk of the world and like I said I agree with your viewpoints. Just not quite the way you express them is all.
In this inflamed world I think it’s not helpful and can all too easily shut people down. Then you’ve just lost a potential audience.
I think the way I express my opinion of the Murdochs and their buddies in the Israeli 'govenment', and the USA's support of Israel, is indicative of my frustration and frankly horror of the middle-east situation. Australian politicians were quick to thoroughly condemn Hamas for October 7, but there has been either silence on Israel's Atrocities, or a bunch of handwringing and repetition of the words "difficult" and "complicated situation", apart from a few MPs (independent and green, I think) willing to speak against Israel's actions.
The only complications are the USA enabling this BS, and Australian politicians being cowed (or actively supporting) the so-called AUKUS "alliance" and by the shrill screeching of the local Pro-Israel Lobbies, and the IPA/Liberal party, in my opinion.

safreek

So what you've just done there is given support to violence from entities that feel threatened. So in effect you actually do support Hamas as they too feel threatened by Israel's unrelenting encroachment on their territory.
Israel, with a population of 9 million, surrounding counties that hate Israel is around 150 million.

If you don't understand the need to show strength you have lived a very sheltered life

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Israel, with a population of 9 million, surrounding counties that hate Israel is around 150 million.

If you don't understand the need to show strength you have lived a very sheltered life
What's the population of Palestine?

LPG

likes thicc birds

If you don't understand the need to not be a massacring cunt to your neighbours then you have a very sheltered life. "Fuck you I've got America behind me" is the the flag they are flaunting to their neighbours while clearing population so they can move in.

safreek

If you don't understand the need to not be a massacring cunt to your neighbours then you have a very sheltered life. "Fuck you I've got America behind me" is the the flag they are flaunting to their neighbours while clearing population so they can move in.
So, who started this with a massacre again. Hmm

safreek

To all the anti Israel people defending the government of Palestine for their murdering rampage, what should the Israeli response to this.
Maybe a friendly chat around a fire and a good old sing a long with Kum ba yah as the theme song.

But seriously, what do you believe Israel should of done in response

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Probably correct but they are the ruling government of Palestine as the protesters know it
But you are defending the Israeli government who are actively killing children and other innocents. And don't try with some the hospital was harbouring terrorists bullshit. I think you need to settle the fuck down.

safreek

But you are defending the Israeli government who are actively killing children and other innocents. And don't try with some the hospital was harbouring terrorists bullshit. I think you need to settle the fuck down.
Settle down about what, all I said was Hamas is their government, the government are terrorists.
As yet no one has told me how Israel should react to the hamas slaughter, how Should you deal with terrorists.
When did I even bring up a hospital

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There is too much history to unpack for my little brain but let's look at more recent events.

Israel has been poking the bear for years. Stealing Palestinian homes and land, poisoning Palestinian lands, concreting over springs etc. These are real events and well documented. Also things were getting very cosy with Saudi which has some Arab states nervous. Hammas snapped and reacted. Wrongly. Very wrongly. What Hammas did is unforgivable. The world inclusing Arab states condemned Hammas. Israel had every right to respond. But that response is wrong too. Israel have killed many innocents and unhoused more in the name of bringing Hammas to account. The rhetoric started at remove Hammas but now it is obliterate Palestine and Palestinians. Can't you see that is wrong? Take out Hammas and Hammas only and everyone will support the cause. Even Arab states. As for the respective governments if you think both enjoy free and fair elections then you need to have a good look at that and not from your social media algorithm derived sources. People's from each country don't have the same influence on their governments.

It is a disaster and probably never had a chance for harmony but over reacting to an overreaction is not going to solve anything. I would have thought that Jews as a people who have endured centuries of discrimination and oppression would have sympathy for others in the same situation and particularly a situation of their making but no. Surveys say that the majority of Israel supports their governments actions and that is so sad.

I don't know if there is a solution and I surely cannot think of one. While anyone who condemns the Israeli response while condemning Hammas actions is called an antisemite and anyone who feels for the everyday Palestinian is called a Hammas supporter the world will just continue as is.

And it is shit.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, who started this with a massacre again. Hmm

images.jpeg

I'm pretty sure Israel proudly claim to have started the massacres in their holy books...I believe it began with 7 days of protest marching.

The politics of who has the biggest stick continues! I'm pretty sure George Carlin had a lot to say on this matter...

The scorched earth approach to removing Hamas from Palestine is morally wrong. The widespread killing of civilians is not a collateral cost, it is genocide. The rest of the world should be disgusted by israels methodology. The horrific crimes performed by Hamas that triggered this lattest round of revenge do not excuse Israel's behaviour nor justify it. The Israeli government has some of the most advanced security and surveillance gathering capabilities around, surely its time to stop the brutality and exert this advanced prowess. If Israeli defense/intelligence personnel were knocking on doors and rounding up Hamas militants and putting them to trial (fair trials preferred) I don't think there would be nearly as much condemnation.

The fruitless outcomes of violence have run their course. It's time to ditch the stick and give the carrot a chance.

safreek

There is too much history to unpack for my little brain but let's look at more recent events.

Israel has been poking the bear for years. Stealing Palestinian homes and land, poisoning Palestinian lands, concreting over springs etc. These are real events and well documented. Also things were getting very cosy with Saudi which has some Arab states nervous. Hammas snapped and reacted. Wrongly. Very wrongly. What Hammas did is unforgivable. The world inclusing Arab states condemned Hammas. Israel had every right to respond. But that response is wrong too. Israel have killed many innocents and unhoused more in the name of bringing Hammas to account. The rhetoric started at remove Hammas but now it is obliterate Palestine and Palestinians. Can't you see that is wrong? Take out Hammas and Hammas only and everyone will support the cause. Even Arab states. As for the respective governments if you think both enjoy free and fair elections then you need to have a good look at that and not from your social media algorithm derived sources. People's from each country don't have the same influence on their governments.

It is a disaster and probably never had a chance for harmony but over reacting to an overreaction is not going to solve anything. I would have thought that Jews as a people who have endured centuries of discrimination and oppression would have sympathy for others in the same situation and particularly a situation of their making but no. Surveys say that the majority of Israel supports their governments actions and that is so sad.

I don't know if there is a solution and I surely cannot think of one. While anyone who condemns the Israeli response while condemning Hammas actions is called an antisemite and anyone who feels for the everyday Palestinian is called a Hammas supporter the world will just continue as is.

And it is shit.
As I said, I have gener
The fruitless outcomes of violence have run their course. It's time to ditch the stick and give the carrot a chance.
Yes , you are correct.
I would still like the others to tell me what the Israeli response should have been though. All I hear is crickets.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
As I said, I have gener

Yes , you are correct.
I would still like the others to tell me what the Israeli response should have been though. All I hear is crickets.
The Isreali response should have been to not install and fund Hamas from the beginning. Manufacturing this situation to justify their genocidal plan is not kosher.