Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

safreek

Those Spesh high end XC race bikes are freakishly fast though. Did a lap of stromlo on one at a demo day - would have been 2014 or 15 i think and it was a 12K bike then. 29er and under 9kg I think with the tricky Brain shocks.

Stupidly fast, never ever came even remotely close to beating that time around the main loop...
Have you never heard of ebikes, probably put a hole in your spekky time :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield

942 Euros for VAR’s disk brake tab facing tool.

So Fred, for the price do I get carbide cutting tips that are indexed to the tool?

Oh ok, no.

Do I get a spring loaded jig so the cutting tool tips exhibit a constant force for a chatter free cut?

Oh ok, no.

Do I get the ease ability to drive with a 1/4” impact or drill?

Oh ok, no.

Do I get some lube in the box when I get fucked this hard?

Ok ok, no.

But I get a nice Var sticker sure ?

Ok ok, no.

PJO

in me vL comy

Jpez

Down on the left!
By most accounts this guy does good work, but this is taking the piss surely: https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/tuning-upgrades-for-marzocchi-bomber-cr-shockcraft.html
Just under $1000 to tune a bomber CR.
And that is a one grade tune based off a 400 spring plus or minus 10% for your weight. Add $250 on top for a ‘custom’ tuning.
According to him it will be ‘better than any shock out there’. No one has ever accused Dougal of not backing himself but jeezus that’s one mighty big claim to add to his already mile high stack of other mighty big claims. The dude knows his stuff but that’s just wack.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And that is a one grade tune based off a 400 spring plus or minus 10% for your weight. Add $250 on top for a ‘custom’ tuning.
According to him it will be ‘better than any shock out there’. No one has ever accused Dougal of not backing himself but jeezus that’s one mighty big claim to add to his already mile high stack of other mighty big claims. The dude knows his stuff but that’s just wack.
He certainly does fly his own kite very high.
I needed some shims for my pick and mix Mezzer, it was like $100NZ for a few shims. I just got some from a local suspension guy, he didn't even charge me! Having said that, they're pretty special once you've dialed them in.