Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

Jpez

Down on the left!
He certainly does fly his own kite very high.
I needed some shims for my pick and mix Mezzer, it was like $100NZ for a few shims. I just got some from a local suspension guy, he didn't even charge me! Having said that, they're pretty special once you've dialed them in.
No one can deny the amount of work a R&D that goes into his stuff and its undeniably good but $100 for a few shims is ridiculous.
He was recently going to make a kit to jam a Smashpot into the Mezzer but it was going to be $500 of there abouts. For essentially a few machined pieces to make an existing product work in another existing product.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
No one can deny the amount of work a R&D that goes into his stuff and its undeniably good but $100 for a few shims is ridiculous.
He was recently going to make a kit to jam a Smashpot into the Mezzer but it was going to be $500 of there abouts. For essentially a few machined pieces to make an existing product work in another existing product.
Yeah totally understand there must be 100s of hours in R&D behind each of these sorts of products and that those costs need to be built into the selling price. I guess volumes are low, so proportionally, the R&D costs end up being quite high. Regardless, its all way too pricey for me.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
You can get isopropyl wipes??? Awesome!
Have you even had work clothes or other clothes that aren't any good for donation....?

I'll let you on in a secret.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Have you even had work clothes or other clothes that aren't any good for donation....?

I'll let you on in a secret.

Well, fair enough. I do have isopropyl spray from Bunnings and use paper towel generally to clean up brakes etc but the wipes just seem like an easy and handy way of cleaning up my $24,000 S-works Epic. Thinking now about upgrading to 5-dev cranks too...