L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Apparently it's a bug with the update. They are working on it now according to a post on Facebook

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apologies to Eamon, I hadn't checked the League applications list for a couple of days, you are in now.

Loving the new way of having 1 intermediate sprint.
Loving the way the dirty rotten Spainyards are suffering.
Loving Johnny Hoogerland as always for spicing up the boring stages.
Loving the fact all the sprint finishes have been uphill to neutralise the Borg (aka the HTC lead out train - let the sprinters fight it out amongst themselves I say, lead out trains are cheating!)
Nervous that Cadel will adopt the Yellow Jersey so early, also nervous that his team has been working this early in the tour. I know all the talk is on Cadel, but I can't help but think Andy Schleck must be the favourite atm. Espescially as Clembutador is going to blow the race apart in the high mountains every single stage to try and get some time back. Perhaps Cadel would have benefitted more if AC had lost less time and merely needed to chip away at Andy - I guess we'll never know.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
Son of a bitch the one stage i get to watch i fall asleep :(
Have been having the same problem this year. Not from the interest but just fagged out.
The recording device is the only thing that is saving me at the moment.
Been watching the next day and not catching the news.

Chasing down bridgey bandit with the power sprint move to take over 2nd position.
Just need the 32 points to close the gap.
Wrong moves for the first week where:-
Not leaving Cadel in at start (believe)
And Petacchi not performing until the last sprint day.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been having the same problem this year. Not from the interest but just fagged out.
The recording device is the only thing that is saving me at the moment.
Been watching the next day and not catching the news.

Chasing down bridgey bandit with the power sprint move to take over 2nd position.
Just need the 32 points to close the gap.
Wrong moves for the first week where:-
Not leaving Cadel in at start (believe)
And Petacchi not performing until the last sprint day.
I have been following everyones transfers in the last two days and feel you all have made some mistakes which I will exploit to make up the points gap to Jumpers.... I will tell you what I think that was in two days (if my plan comes off, if not I'll just delete this post and pretend it never happened :p)

Also, I finally read the rules on how you score points in this game. I made some pretty rookie errors at the start. (aside from picking Allan Davies who isn't even at the TdF)

Last edited:

fitbmx

Likes Bikes
there should be a fucking 10 metre rule atleast for camera men after crashes etc. upsetting scenes at the moment :(

cameron_15

Eats Squid
there should be a fucking 10 metre rule atleast for camera men after crashes etc. upsetting scenes at the moment :(
Agreed, a little consideration would be nice. I don't want to see athletes in pain waiting for or receiving medical attention, nor would I want to be filmed in such a situation.

In other news, this race is getting me very keen on road bikes again!

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Bad luck for vino and van dan broeck. Will there be any one left?
Conspiracy theory with french tv takeing out 2 non french riders in break away??:rolleyes: Voeklyer deserved to win, good see him in yellow again.
Most dramatic tour ever.....what will the pyrenees bring?
Alberto looking eat meat for nxt 24 hrs due to his knee - looked funny his crash with carpets (stuupid mullet wearing vladimir - doesnt even look like he is trying)

Australia - i finding it hard to get transfers right, lost my lead.....dam

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Conspiracy theory with french tv takeing out 2 non french riders in break away??:rolleyes:
LOL yea....Not sure I'd agree with that either. The driver is very obviously trying to avoid a tree.....I'm not saying that makes it Ok though..

Can you imagine the carnage if he had hit the tree? OMG, OMG, OMG

jumpers

Likes Dirt
LOL yea....Not sure I'd agree with that either. The driver is very obviously trying to avoid a tree.....I'm not saying that makes it Ok though..

Can you imagine the carnage if he had hit the tree? OMG, OMG, OMG
Was jokn - i reckon 'le equippe" will call french conspiracy though

akashra

Eats Squid
Last nights stage can only be summarised as "ouch".
Am I seeing wrong, or is that bone we can see just below his left knee?

scblack

Leucocholic
Last nights stage can only be summarised as "ouch".
Am I seeing wrong, or is that bone we can see just below his left knee?
Thats not bone. Maybe some fatty tissue just below the skin, as the skin is clearly sliced right through.

akashra

Eats Squid
Right, so on one hand it's like "oh, phew", but on the other it's still "that's still cringeworthy" :(