L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
CNN is reporting that Cadel Evans may be stripped of his Tour de France title. In a random check for banned substances, three were found in his hotel room. The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

1. Toothpaste
  2. Deodorant
  3. Soap

HamishS

Likes Dirt
^^^ I didn't read ahead and was kind of going along with the story before yes ... yes ... I took the bait.

Well played

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes lunged for the line and beaten by a half wheel but well done.
Yeah I messed up and didn't have Martin in the time trial (what was I thinking).
Maybe sleep deprivation was the problem.
Jackedin
It appears SBS found some unawarded points for everyone. Unfortunately you got more than me, hence I slipped to third. That's like saluting before the line only to lose to a bike throw!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
CNN is reporting that Cadel Evans may be stripped of his Tour de France title. In a random check for banned substances, three were found in his hotel room. The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

1. Toothpaste
  2. Deodorant
  3. Soap

And then this from velo news

jackedin

Likes Dirt
It appears SBS found some unawarded points for everyone. Unfortunately you got more than me, hence I slipped to third. That's like saluting before the line only to lose to a bike throw!
It must have been the final standing points. I thought they had been allocated.
I will take it in true style and march straight to the podium and collect the trophy and jersey.
This is now 2 years in a row.
I might need to be swabbed just to see how much alcohol is in the system.

Just in final words. This has been fun again and a little side effort to the great race that was this year.
Thanks Australia for doing the work in setting up the mini league.
Tonys terrors to ride again.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been skiing for a week. Wow that was the best TDF ever! Thanks everyone for getting right into the Fantasy Tour, it certainly helped me through the flat stages where there was no GC action.

-Andrew

bugger Jumpers got over me by 8 points on account of his choices at the start of the race (final standings point) I will avenge this!

Last edited:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Have been skiing for a week. Wow that was the best TDF ever! Thanks everyone for getting right into the Fantasy Tour, it certainly helped me through the flat stages where there was no GC action.

-Andrew

bugger Jumpers got over me by 8 points on account of his choices at the start of the race (final standings point) I will avenge this!
so close.....two my initial top ten were retired, bugger.

Thanks for setting it up - dam its a long wait till nxt July. Bring on vuelta