Little Things You Love

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
When CRC stuff up and send me more expensive pedals than the ones I ordered, at no extra charge (ordered Defactos, got All Mountains).

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What the trail fairies at Stromlo have done resurfacing a lot of berms.

Good work boys and girls..

Flow-Rider

Burner
^^ That looks stunning! Where is it?
The place is White Rock Conservation Park but the rock itself is known as wild dog and it actually looks like a dingo lying down from a distance.

It's actually just in the outer fringes of Brisbane. The place has some historical significance. It was once home to the local indigenous people then during WW11 the Yanks kicked them out and used it for a training ground, then later on used by Ausie military. But the final twist to story was that all the shrapnel stuck in the trees from the firing practice and unexploded ammunition meant they were unable to log the place to clear it and later on saved it from development. It's now been turned into a conservation park and many people from around the area can enjoy it.

This is a pic from online of the wild dog
dingo.JPG

The place is surrounded with mystique, it has lots of little caves and looks like a stage from a movie set with faces coming alive out of the rocks.

trailsw.jpg

Last edited:
The place is White Rock Conservation Park but the rock itself is known as wild dog and it actually looks like a dingo lying down from a distance.

It's actually just in the outer fringes of Brisbane. The place has some historical significance. It was once home to the local indigenous people then during WW11 the Yanks kicked them out and used it for a training ground, then later on used by Ausie military. But the final twist to story was that all the shrapnel stuck in the trees from the firing practice and unexploded ammunition meant they were unable to log the place to clear it and later on saved it from development. It's now been turned into a conservation park and many people from around the area can enjoy it.

This is a pic from online of the wild dog
View attachment 335891

The place is surrounded with mystique, it has lots of little caves and looks like a stage from a movie set with faces coming alive out of the rocks.

View attachment 335893
where are all the chalk marks ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
where are all the chalk marks ?
There would have been some on it somewhere at some stage, a lot of the dicks have spray painted the rock and they don't want you crawling all over it. My climbing skill wouldn't be good enough to get into the caves anyway. I had read that the US soldiers engraved their names on the rock with their Bayonets somewhere but only seen the photo's online of it.

I went back out there today and found what looks to be an outpost bunker for guarding a hill top entrance but I could be wrong. The entrance hole looks to be shaped for a back pack. (pun intended sort of poodles, as he enjoys back pack threads)

You can tell I like exploring on my mountain bike.

bunk.jpg

bunkt.jpg

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Scored a fairly new lawnmower from the scrap metal pile at the tip. Needed the water flushed out of the tank and the plug cleaned up and away she went. Needed a lawnmower too.

I love free stuff :)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Getting out and riding me bloody bike!

Having a very decent trail network available just 23 km away.

Finding the perfect mid-ride snack:

snack.jpg

golden path

Banned
Feeling ordinary and only semi-interested at the start of a ride and then feeling much better once you hit the decent singletrack. :cheer2: