Little Things You Love

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I got to see a few STS missions launch on live feed between STS 76 through to STS 89…its was pretty cool to head the flight engineer relay info back to JPL and the staggering speeds they reach in such a short time
Yeah, a couple of hundred tonnes going supersonic vertically in under a minute - that boys and girls is real horsepower!!!

Was a religious experience to see in the flesh - the cracking sound could be felt like being slapped on the chest... Could just see her release the boosters before disappearing behind a cloud and vanishing to orbit.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yeah, a couple of hundred tonnes going supersonic vertically in under a minute - that boys and girls is real horsepower!!!

Was a religious experience to see in the flesh - the cracking sound could be felt like being slapped on the chest... Could just see her release the boosters before disappearing behind a cloud and vanishing to orbit.
I can assure you that having your molars rattled out of your head from a sortie of F35‘s taking off everyday is not quite the same religious experience.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've seen one STS launch in the flesh, when I was a kid (incidentally, it was Challenger, but not the mission it blew up). Impressive thing. We were at a slightly more distant vantage point than the main viewing area, so there was a fair delay between the thing getting going and the sonic shock waves rolling across, but when it did, Oh My! Did I say it was impressive?

Also impressive, but on a very different sonic scale is a squadron of V12 Merlin-powered P-51 Mustangs on a mock straffing run! Thems get the spine all a-tingle on full noise! :D

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Finally have a procedure date for getting my knee fixed - Pretty much going to go in and clean up as the majority is in good condition still - So only 2 weeks recovery nothing major to do after - Then I can go bike shopping again and get back to mountain biking - Thinking seriously of just getting the Merida hardtail to start with this time

View attachment 392392
I really like the look of the Big Trails!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I can assure you that having your molars rattled out of your head from a sortie of F35‘s taking off everyday is not quite the same religious experience.
Had one of those suckers do a flyby over work in Canberra. I failed to get outside in time, but was still flipping loud!!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Do they call them Fat Amys like the Americans do?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Scotty675

Cable thief
North South Track I'm guessing? Lots of people have been clipping that tree on their way past :)
Yeah north south run, nothing to adventure, up north south and down radfords then reverse home. That tree has seen a few rubs, coming down a lot of people abort there and drop back onto track

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
LTIL: Most of the technical features on the road into the You Yangs have been removed making a smooth drive in.

LTIH: Cressy Descent now partly resembles the road into the You Yangs (trail is wider, some janky rock gardens have been made easier, little baby-head rock garden has been removed entirely).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So I might be able to do it again on my XC bike?
They haven't changed the first half of the "top" left hand rock berm/garden with the 2 rock roll/drops and ditto for the lower right hand rock garden with the 3 steps.

Couple of new jumps, most of the others have been lengthened.

Trail is 3 lanes wide now.

Minlak

custom titis
Finally have a procedure date for getting my knee fixed - Pretty much going to go in and clean up as the majority is in good condition still - So only 2 weeks recovery nothing major to do after - Then I can go bike shopping again and get back to mountain biking - Thinking seriously of just getting the Merida hardtail to start with this time

View attachment 392392
Well did it - Bought one - The shop had them at $2599 he did it for $2300 and is swapping the entry level brakes to XT 4 pots in that price - already has 180mm rotors - Anything else will just get swapped as it dies - Maybe stem or bar rise depending on how my back feels after some runs - gotta find some pedals now :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well did it - Bought one - The shop had them at $2599 he did it for $2300 and is swapping the entry level brakes to XT 4 pots in that price - already has 180mm rotors - Anything else will just get swapped as it dies - Maybe stem or bar rise depending on how my back feels after some runs - gotta find some pedals now :)
Are we on the verge of your return to videography?