Little Things You Hate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Their salary isn't dependent on attending parliament (although there are extra allowances and $$ for being part of select committees), so they will all 'work' from their electorate as much or as little as they want. Basically, if you refused to get out of bed for a whole year you'd still get your full salary; although you may struggle for votes at the next election
I know. It's a tough life once you are in. Surely there will be a "grieving allowance" they'll be allowed to collect while being at home?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just learnt that our parliament is shutting down for 2 weeks because the queen died. Apparently this is a decision from "The Palace" and was made years ago. With all the crap going on here and abroad I reckon our parliamentarians have work to do.
One more reason for a republic.

Surely King Charles iii is enough of a reason on its own?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No, like Australia. Just without a monarch and GG.
1. Despite the shit stains that often inhabit our system of Govt, it's a pretty good system. I would assume it would work pretty well without the Monarch and GG but it's not certain.

2. The last referendum on the issue was a flop and there doesn't seem to be a lot of appetite for another one.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
1. Despite the shit stains that often inhabit our system of Govt, it's a pretty good system. I would assume it would work pretty well without the Monarch and GG but it's not certain.

2. The last referendum on the issue was a flop and there doesn't seem to be a lot of appetite for another one.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
What necessary function do you believe the Queen and GG have?

The last referendum was designed to be a flop by monarchists.

cammas

Seamstress
Cat looks mighty comfy!

We got the new base and mattress delivered today and the side rails are a touch too tight. Out comes the drills and wood chisel, take brackets off move them over 25mm and chisel out some of the Mrs handy work. Luckily she’s not fussed after all the effort she has put in distressing no one will see this bit hidden away, as she said “after all this work, that’s the bed we’re dying in!” All these years of of living with me has taken its toll on her :D.

Still need to do some of the top rails but it’s getting close to be done, I do have to say she does a stellar job of it and it’s looking good.
Well the top rails are done and the bed is complete with the feature wall painted.
LTIH - now I have to paint the other 3 walls but first I have to move a powerpoint and aerial point then fix the window ledge.

26904A1E-F3EF-4880-A731-BA28A17018AA.jpeg

DEA07348-4853-4B84-BC97-01C923027E34.jpeg

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Went for a ride last weekend.
Looked at the bike on Monday and front tyre is flat. Had been a slow leak for a little while. Decided to attempt to fix it so I could go riding on Thursday.
Pumped it up again, sprayed with soapy water. Nothing.
Got up Thursday morning, its fucking flat again.
Pumped it up again, stuck it in the bathtub. Nothing. No leaks, no dribbles. Fuck all.
Decided to top up the sealant just in case.
Discovered that I can no longer reseat the fucking tyre with the track pump.
Got the CO2 canister out, figured after 2 years I can spare one.
Reinflated the tyre using the CO2 bulb.
Got up this morning.

It's fucking flat again.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Looked at the bike on Monday and front tyre is flat. Had been a slow leak for a little while. Decided to attempt to fix it so I could go riding on Thursday.
Pumped it up again, stuck it in the bathtub. Nothing. No leaks, no dribbles. Fuck all.
Got up this morning.

It's fucking flat again.
Ooohhh, frustrating. I had a similar issue with a friend's bike. I initially just topped up the sealant through the valve (core removed of course), it seemed ok at first but next day...flat. Pumped up the tyres again, gave them a good shaky shaky, spinny spinny but next day...flat. No obvious external signs of leaking. I finally cracked the bead to check and the tape was a total mess. I had to re-tape both wheels after cleaning as much gunked up sealant that got past the tape and into the rim.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got up this morning.

It's fucking flat again.
Did you submerge the valve? Recently had this issue with my dads wheel and it was a super slow leak from the presta valve core. Had the tiniest little line of bubbles coming from the very tip of the valve. 2 second fix and it was sorted.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Did you submerge the valve? Recently had this issue with my dads wheel and it was a super slow leak from the presta valve core. Had the tiniest little line of bubbles coming from the very tip of the valve. 2 second fix and it was sorted.
Submerged the entire wheel, tyre and all.