Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
This is an old movie with Robin Williams - The woman in the car is his wife having an affair - NSFW kinda - no graphic nudity

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sigh. Yet another fucking tradies…

Kirsty decided to crack on and get a builder in to put a new pocket door through a wall and install cupboards with doors in the now bypassed section of hallway.

Is it too much to ask that the gaps around new door are even? Apparently. Too hard to get plasterboard to line up with the door jam so I can get some trim on? Yep. Too tricky to get the shelves the right depth? You better believe it.

Sigh. My own fault. I procrastinated too long, I guess redoing a bunch of stuff I’ve already paid for will have to be my motivation.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

Kirsty decided to crack on and get a builder in to put a new pocket door through a wall and install cupboards with doors in the now bypassed section of hallway.

Is it too much to ask that the gaps around new door are even? Apparently. Too hard to get plasterboard to line up with the door jam so I can get some trim on? Yep. Too tricky to get the shelves the right depth? You better believe it.

Sigh. My own fault. I procrastinated too long, I guess redoing a bunch of stuff I’ve already paid for will have to be my motivation.
I find it bloody annoying to have work done by a tradie, in a trade that you aren't qualified in, only to find that you could have done better yourself. :rolleyes:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That's why you have cornice and skirting boards. The sheets come perfectly square but houses rarely are, especially older ones.
True, having something perfectly square, particularly the older it gets, seems to be more of the exception than the rule.

Just be glad it doesn't fall down and one day in the future, someone will call the wonkiness 'character' and pay very well for it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
That's why you have cornice and skirting boards. The sheets come perfectly square but houses rarely are, especially older ones.
Yes, but there's also a max deviation in levels before its considered a defect. Looks like ceiling needs to be packed out to level it. I had the builder redo two rooms in my new house a couple weeks ago due to this exact issue. Anything greater than about 20mm over 2M its visible to the naked eye.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Luckily you haven't seen how new homes are built. :mad:

https://drive.google.com/

1666755753022.png
1666755785252.png
1666755825676.png

1666755921852.png
1666755986371.png
1666756086385.png