Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
https://www.alpinecommunityplantati...of-mystic-mountain-bike-park-looking-brighter

I heard this was coming last week and have been waiting for the news to come out. What a cluster fuck this is going to be, a user pays setup for all riding in Mystic, how are they going to enforce access. Social media is about to blow up as news gets out.
I don't ride the area but why wouldn't you pay to help keep the place running? If you can afford $$$ for a bike, why not some money for a bike park?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Switch

huskier headed gent
I don't ride the area but why wouldn't you pay to help keep the place running? If you can afford $$$ for a bike, why not some money for a bike park?
More that it has just been handled really badly, riding brings in huge tourism dollars for Bright and Council aren't putting the money back in to reflect the revenue for local businesses. HVP are just worried about litigation (justifiably) and ACP failed to call their bluff on threats to close the park.

It is not about the money as it is not huge but will definitely have a negative impact on tourism and users. Many of the locals have spent countless hours creating the park and to now be asked to pay to ride stuff you built is a bit of a slap in the face to many.

“The bike membership will have three levels, including an annual membership for $95 and a two-week membership for $55.
“There will also be a single day Pedal-In membership for $15, or $25 for a single day membership for riders using a commercial shuttle.
“An annual Family Membership will also be available for $150, covering one adult and up to four kids under 15 years old. An extra adult can be added to this membership for a further $45. For our younger individual riders, we also have a discounted Youth Membership for $65 a year”

Private bike shuttling will be paused from Monday, 24 October to limit the number of vehicles in the park and maximise safety for all users. Commercial Shuttle operator, Blue Dirt, will be extending their days of operation to 7 days per week to enable alternative shuttle options.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Those prices are less than what I was expecting to be honest and seem to strike a reasonable balance with various usage cases. Some other places I'd probably be a bit annoyed, but Bright seems to get a decent amount of maintenance done to cope with the amount of traffic that it sees - so at least it feels like you're getting something for the money rather than just paying somebody's insurance premium to access a network of clapped out old trails.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Those prices are less than what I was expecting to be honest and seem to strike a reasonable balance with various usage cases. Some other places I'd probably be a bit annoyed, but Bright seems to get a decent amount of maintenance done to cope with the amount of traffic that it sees - so at least it feels like you're getting something for the money rather than just paying somebody's insurance premium to access a network of clapped out old trails.
I agree. Compared to an annual blue dirt ticket for ski resorts, and what that actually gets you, this is pocket change.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
After a couple runs at Quarry park I figured I'd do some Ks and dropped down to the river. Every time I go down there I see fishermen with undersized fish and too many rods and this time thought rather than just giving a mouthfull of verbal abuse I'd ring fisheries. I get about another 50 metres after making the call and realised I was only wearing one glove because I took one of for the phone and must have dropped it. I go back and one of the pricks has stolen it and and a whole bunch of them come up and make jokes about losing stuff. I started getting a bit sweary and one of them then pulls "you're just a racist, look in the river for your glove". I think I'm lucky I noticed fishing knives because I'm sure that if I didn't I would have been stabbed after punching out a couple of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bogans...

Had the good fortune to spend a bit of time this afternoon with a live female! Grabbed some coffee and headed to a popular local mountain top look out. The view across the whole town down to the ocean was quite nice. But of course it is popular with bogans. The half dozen youths on flogged out dirt bikes were having themselves a good time running their near bald tyres down, but if you could tune out the engine noise they were keeping to themselves. Then a fellow in large beat up ute arrived...I think he came to connect with the motorcyclists. The parking area was pretty much empty, lots of spots to choose from...so he decides to park with in front of us and block the view. It didn't seem to be a deliberate move, he didn't get out of the car all "hahahaha! Totally fucked up your day...". Coffee was getting cold anyway.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Bogans...

Had the good fortune to spend a bit of time this afternoon with a live female! Grabbed some coffee and headed to a popular local mountain top look out. The view across the whole town down to the ocean was quite nice. But of course it is popular with bogans. The half dozen youths on flogged out dirt bikes were having themselves a good time running their near bald tyres down, but if you could tune out the engine noise they were keeping to themselves. Then a fellow in large beat up ute arrived...I think he came to connect with the motorcyclists. The parking area was pretty much empty, lots of spots to choose from...so he decides to park with in front of us and block the view. It didn't seem to be a deliberate move, he didn't get out of the car all "hahahaha! Totally fucked up your day...". Coffee was getting cold anyway.
Reminds me of the dicks that used to tow a blow up doll by the head around the beach, then everyone's trying to have a fish with their kids and they come in real close with jetskis, a few of us started pegging lead sinkers at them. Even the last time I was up there, people put those popup shades in the middle of the beach with loud music and the phone in hand videoing themselves. Whatever happened to tranquility?

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Reminds me of the dicks that used to tow a blow up doll by head around the beach, then everyone's trying to have a fish with their kids and they come in real close with jetskis, a few of us started pegging lead sinkers at them. Even the last time I was up there, people put those popup shades in the middle of the beach with loud music and the phone in hand videoing themselves. Whatever happened to tranquility?

One of the guys I fish with has a cannon of an arm when its time to throw a sinker at a dickhead, of which there are plenty here.

As for the tent party people, if you can't beat them...join them. They won't want a bunch of stinky fisherpeeps choking up their live stream for too long.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Reminds me of the dicks that used to tow a blow up doll by head around the beach, then everyone's trying to have a fish with their kids and they come in real close with jetskis, a few of us started pegging lead sinkers at them. Even the last time I was up there, people put those popup shades in the middle of the beach with loud music and the phone in hand videoing themselves. Whatever happened to tranquility?
"Water Bogans"
The mining boom has a lot to answer for.