Little Things You Hate

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Ironic considering the Chevrolet badge in your avatar.

I see that badge these days and all it makes me think of are the thousands and thousands of chevy econoboxes (basically just rebadged Daewoos) on the road across Europe...
I'm driving a '67 Camaro with a 355cu V8. I got done over by the guy at rego who managed to misquote numerous rules, asked me to remove performance modifications I don't have and generally didn't like seeing someone young in a fast car.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Drivers that over take you just because your a learner driver....even though your sitting above the speed limit.
I often ponder this myself, if you think about it though, people will always drive like dickheads no matter who's in the car next to or in front of them. I think as learner drivers we just notice it more because we have to be aware of our surroundings, as opposed to chilling in the passenger seat looking everywhere else but the road.

Joy

Likes Dirt
I often ponder this myself, if you think about it though, people will always drive like dickheads no matter who's in the car next to or in front of them. I think as learner drivers we just notice it more because we have to be aware of our surroundings, as opposed to chilling in the passenger seat looking everywhere else but the road.
It's also because they take off really slowly, stop at roundabouts, stop at the first sign of a yellow light etc etc.

They might be driving ok now, but chances are a learner will ruin your driving flow at some point

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
It's also because they take off really slowly, stop at roundabouts, stop at the first sign of a yellow light etc etc.

They might be driving ok now, but chances are a learner will ruin your driving flow at some point
I only partially agree with this. Yes, plenty of learners are less than average drives. But an equal number are as good as or better than the so called fully licensed drivers. On me L's I never had a driver have to take action to avoid hitting me. But I had to take action several times to avoid hitting fully licensed drivers. I finished up on a median strip because someone flowing had taken a corner to fast and been on my side of the road. I ended up testing the abs because someone was making an orange light that turned red. Plenty of times people misunderstand the concept of give way and I had to avoid them. These conservative behaviours prevented someone explaining to their insurance company why they hit an L plater.

On my P's I've had the same issues. One lady cut me off twice on the way to school, simply pulled into a gap that didn't exist, and picked a P plater to do it to because we are viewed as weaker drivers.

So fine, over take if it makes you happier. But don't be a dick about it, don't tailgate learner drivers and don't cut in front because we might mess up the flow.

You may have guessed, one thing that really shits me is people giving P and L plate drivers a rough time

Joy

Likes Dirt
I don't harass the poor buggers, I just get around them when I can.

It's not that they're poor drivers, it's just that they usually have their parents or a driving instructor in the car who doesn't want them to take off fast, or run yellow lights etc. I was once a learner too remember

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
You may have guessed, one thing that really shits me is people giving P and L plate drivers a rough time
Oh harden up will you. I'm a P plate driver too but I don't care what other people say about the P plate demographic. Why not be a non conformist and just be a sensible P plate driver, it's really not that hard. Be aware of your surroundings and don't whinge. It's P plate drivers who whinge who think it's alright to go off and be douche bags cause they've got this title of being twats and so they can go and do just that. Shit happens on the road but be the better driver and drive defensively so don't react to people passing you. Just shows you're jealous 'cause you can't drive faster.

If you're not a crap driver and you drive sensibly, then why get frustrated about people ragging on shit P plate drivers. Getting worked up over spilt milk which wasn't even yours.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Ironic considering the Chevrolet badge in your avatar.

I see that badge these days and all it makes me think of are the thousands and thousands of chevy econoboxes (basically just rebadged Daewoos) on the road across Europe...
I think of all the shitbox v6 commodores that have the chev badge plastered all over them.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I think of all the shitbox v6 commodores that have the chev badge plastered all over them.
Especially as the engine comes out of a Buick factory, they were sold as Pontiacs in the US and the platform was previously based on an Opel.

WTF is with the Chev badges? Apart from being another GM brand where the hell did Chev enter the equation?

VW drivers don't put Lamborghini badges on their Golfs, BMW drivers don't put Rolls Royce bonnet ornaments on their cars and I'm yet to see a fiat going about with a Ferrari badge of a Chrysler 300c adorned in Dodge badges - why? cause it would look silly and fool no one. Same goes, no one thinks your Commodore is a Corvette because you changed the boot badge and it looks silly.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
@ the L Plater issue, when I was on my L's i always felt more comfortable without the added pressure of cars waiting on you and was happy to see cars overtaking me as long as they didn't slow down as soon as they passed:rolleyes:.

And a southern cross sticker on the back window
One little thing i love, a mate has both the badge and stickers. Many laughs had whenever the subjects bought up at his expense.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I did. Some of the stories were really sad. Makes me wonder how vulnerable someone must be to get sucked into that shit.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Oh harden up will you. I'm a P plate driver too but I don't care what other people say about the P plate demographic. Why not be a non conformist and just be a sensible P plate driver, it's really not that hard. Be aware of your surroundings and don't whinge. It's P plate drivers who whinge who think it's alright to go off and be douche bags cause they've got this title of being twats and so they can go and do just that. Shit happens on the road but be the better driver and drive defensively so don't react to people passing you. Just shows you're jealous 'cause you can't drive faster.

If you're not a crap driver and you drive sensibly, then why get frustrated about people ragging on shit P plate drivers. Getting worked up over spilt milk which wasn't even yours.
The issue is, I am a sensible P plater. It isn't people ragging on shit P plate drivers, it is people on ragging on all P plate drivers, and the general attitude that comes accross in how P platers are treated on the road, irrespective of how well they are driving.

Jealous isn't the right word. More frustrated at being tailgated, followed by cut off as the overtaking manouver isn't as well executed as the other driver planned. Interestingly, after doing P off (so i don't have to display P plates) the behaviour changed fairly radically. The summation of what I was trying to say is that the people complaining about P platers often aren't as good at driving as they think, nor as blameless.

@joy, it wasn't aimed at you, it just made a nice little peice to quote and rant off.

Another one to piss me off, university lecturer not arriving for a tutorial that I've hung around for nearly two hours for instead of getting to go home. If he had told us he wasn't coming, then I could have gone. If he had come, my two hours wouldn't have been in vein.

The idea of Chev Badges of commodores etc came from the monaro (and some commodores?) running a chevrolet engine. As with anything visual, fanboys jump aboard.

Last edited:

Nabdaddy

Likes Dirt
Finding out that you are $300 over your phone cap...thankyou very much optus roaming charges.

$500 last month, and $300 this month...greaaaat. Love it when the billing period finishes on the 23rd and i was overseas for another 2 days :mad: fkn stupid data roaming.

Tip for all, if you have an iPhone or similar, turn off data roaming when you go overseas, downloaded my emails twice...cost me $600. SICK! Learnt the hard way, oh well.