Little Things You Hate

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Yeah, whistler is a destination, a Mecca. Hobes is just hobes. With one mountain and limited scope.
And we've too many homer's for our monorail.

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Main thing I found interesting in that article is the event only had 1,800 riders, and someone in the comments (I'm doubting their stats) reckons it's the biggest one day event in the USA and 3rd biggest in the world...yet the Mont is struggling with ~1,400 riders (and in times past had way more than 1,800 riders). I just thought that this type of event in California would easily draw a bigger crowd than one outside of Canberra?

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
I like their convenience, but not the way my toasted get squished. Fry pan allows for a mellow cooking as well that seems to penetrate to the core better.
I'm with you - the best toasted sandwiches are gently cooked in a fry pan. Nothing like the crunch you get when you bite through the toasted bread when it hasn't already had all of the air crushed out of it.

I've too experienced flipping related disasters, and can recommend getting a 2nd spatula. One slips under for the main flipping duties, the other pressed on top to hold everything together. Even if you get a bit of top and bottom bread misalignment after the flip, the two spatulas help to bring everything back to square.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm with you - the best toasted sandwiches are gently cooked in a fry pan. Nothing like the crunch you get when you bite through the toasted bread when it hasn't already had all of the air crushed out of it.

I've too experienced flipping related disasters, and can recommend getting a 2nd spatula. One slips under for the main flipping duties, the other pressed on top to hold everything together. Even if you get a bit of top and bottom bread misalignment after the flip, the two spatulas help to bring everything back to square.
Exactly! Light, buttery, and crispy.

Good tip. I'll have to give this a go and also try slightly less filling.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Exactly! Light, buttery, and crispy.

Good tip. I'll have to give this a go and also try slightly less filling.
I propose breakfast at la casa del Poodle to confirm that this pan frying thing is the schnizzer. I like crisp but not soggy oiliness.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I propose breakfast at la casa del Poodle to confirm that this pan frying thing is the schnizzer. I like crisp but not soggy oiliness.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.
Toad in the hole toasties it is! One side of the sandwich being a toad in the hole, the rest being a normal looking sandwich of ham/bacon and cheese. Might throw some spinach and shrooms in to be healthy.

golden path

Banned
When people see you've got a big, scary looking dog, and do this:

"That's a big, scary looking dog - might just walk up and shove my hand in his face!"

Or

"That's a big, scary looking dog - might just let my dog get right in his face!"

John U

MTB Precision
People with dogs who just leave them in their back yard to bark at nothing all day, never attempt to quieten them down, and never let them inside. Why even have a dog?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yup - partner and I are looking for a dog at the moment (looking for a pound/ rescue dog) - which takes time and patience to get the right dog and give it a good environment.

But then you see bogans everyday who have just grabbed some gumtree puppy mill special, to then leave it alone and neglected without exercise and attention...

golden path

Banned
People with dogs who just leave them in their back yard to bark at nothing all day, never attempt to quieten them down, and never let them inside. Why even have a dog?

Yep. Unfortunately many folks get dogs, when they shouldn't have one.

Same way as many people have kids, and they shouldn't have those, either.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My bogan neighbor... The dog always barks at me when i walk down my own driveway, or when our pooch is sniffing the fence trying to say hello to it. He always comes out screaming at his poor mutt "shut the fark up ya carnt!" or alternatively calling my dog a little cunt for "harassing" his dog.

He is a Class A Fuckwit. Poor bloody dog...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've just been down the beach for a few days, and have struck the attitude of "My dog is allowed off the lead, but yours isn't."

Ooooooo, that area is free game. If it's a leash free area, all dogs should be off the lead and if it isn't a dog that should be off the lead then it SHOULD be off the lead to learn to be a dog that is allowed off the lead.
I'm in a punch up with our local Council at the moment, they are acting on the biggest community complaint base and patrolling areas where dog frequent so they can book the criminal's who lead their dog in a disorderly manor. I've told them that if they paid attention to the dog areas, they'd see it's the happiest place around AND it's the cleanest part of our area as all the dog owners not only clean up after their dogs but pick up the junk that humans leave behind, especially the plastic that washes up onto the beach. They've been stupid enough to admit that the complaints about dog's are from people who don't have dogs and don't like being near dogs. How about those people stay single and stay away from happy people?

golden path

Banned
Something wrong with folks who don't like dogs IMO and I won't associate with such types. :painkiller:

That said, owners should be in control of their dogs.

I tend to err on the side of caution even in lead free areas, as dog fights can lead to expensive vet bills. However, if he gets attacked by another dog, he's entitled to defend himself and I'll let him do just that. Mine's a wolfhound x deerhound and he's still young but already 50+kg and more than willing to engage in a scrap.

The other issue is potentially knocking people over...so I'm careful with him off the lead.

I had one snoozer keep bringing his two labradoodles near us when we were away. My dog's very protective of our car and our areas and from the outset made it clear these dogs weren't welcome near our cabin.

So knobhead comes past another day and again lets them come near my dog who flies off the handle. "What sort of dog is he?" he's TRYING to ask over the resulting din.

"Mate, he's a fucking ANGRY one right now....." was my retort.

By this point my dog was that fed up with them if he could have gotten to them he'd have given them both a fair touch-up.

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Something wrong with folks who don't like dogs IMO and I won't associate with such types. :painkiller:

That said, owners should be in control of their dogs.
We have an off lead park near us, the minority fuck it up for everybody. I can't take the kids there on their bikes and I don't use it myself because of the enviable run in I will have with some twat who thinks it's fine for their dog to piss/shit in the playground/bbq areas and their dogs hassling kids on bikes. Selfish asshole owner's who have no respect for anyone or thing. I can't stand it anymore and call their poor behaviour out and boy do they get the shits up. I have given up and go elsewhere. I think 'off lead' means free for all for some owners. It's often not the dogs fault, their learnsd behaviour just reflects the shit behaviour of the owner.