Lahar Mk9 *now with Fox 40's - page 5*

Ryan

Radministrator
Seriously though S. do you honestly believe that anyone with more than two brain cells to bump together puts any stock in anything that AMB writes in a review? They've been on the slippery slope to 'advertorial' town for years now, one of these days they'll probably give up altogether and just rate bikes based on colour graphed against weight..."The Lahar's all-black raw carbon colour scheme when compared to it's hefty weight is no match for the GT DHI's light weight and totally 'this season' white-and carbon livery" ;)

It would make about as much sense as the current rating system and may even be an improvement.

S.

ex offender
Seriously though S. do you honestly believe that anyone with more than two brain cells to bump together puts any stock in anything that AMB writes in a review? They've been on the slippery slope to 'advertorial' town for years now, one of these days they'll probably give up altogether and just rate bikes based on colour graphed against weight..."The Lahar's all-black raw carbon colour scheme when compared to it's hefty weight is no match for the GT DHI's light weight and totally 'this season' white-and carbon livery" ;)

It would make about as much sense as the current rating system and may even be an improvement.
True - they're out-and-out shithouse. But it pains me that they still get all these awesome bikes to review, then do such a terrible job of it in so many ways.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
There are always people that bag the AMB tests when one of their own products gets a bad score. Can i ask have you actually ridden a mongoose?

And how will the Giant end up costing as much as a Lahar in the long run?
I sell Lahar because I know they're currently at the top of the tree in many ways. There are bikes that may suit certain purposes or styles better but overall the Lahar is the best package.Go to a NZ bike site and check the race results for the last five years.I had no need to critisize AMB before even though the tests are always vague at best and wrong and inaccurate to irrelivant at worst. But when their test comes out faulty on a product I am representing then yes I will dispell their myths and tell it as it is.
I have a 5ish inch travell Goose with the same suspension,personally I like it because of the high pivot design that I believe to be the best current design. It is an URT though(damn GT technoligy,why) and the BB does move,hardly what you want on a large travell bike.The bearings are undersized for the intended purpose on a DH bike and will develop flex earlier than other bikes. I believe the Goose is a better bike than the Moorwood though,it would be much better for a punter and the Moorwood I dare say would only be faster in the hands of a pro that didn't need a good suspension design.
The Lahar going from track record will last at least 5-6 years as there's been no failures from the origonal 2001 Lahars raced non stop for seven seasons.
How long will a Giant last going on their track record? Sure it's a new design but how many times can you tighten the links or replace the bearings?How many deraileurs and cassettes will you use in five years?How long is the warrenty?It really is only an accurate statement as a frame package though,although Blue MTN Bikes will be able to assist anyone who wishes to buy a complete Lahar though.
My Lahar when I build it should weigh close to or lighter than the GT and look a damn site better than any GT(accept for possibly a crbon LOBO).

Last edited:

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Well I let my mate race it at Canberra last month while I hobbled up & down the mountain with my bung knee. As he rode past me on his first run he yelled out, "this bike is f***ing awesome!" That was with the 7" mojo boxxer's, I never rode it more than around the driveway with them on. A set of 40RC2s came up at a decent price so on they went!

Sorry for the crappy photo's... It was late & I couldn't be bothered cleaning all the dust off.

Attachments

Last edited:

BJ-

Rota Imports
S. said:
True - they're out-and-out shithouse. But it pains me that they still get all these awesome bikes to review, then do such a terrible job of it in so many ways.
They sure as hell arent reviewing any of my bikes or parts...

The MK9 looks great with the DH40 by the way Dazz. Are there any other changes your thinking of?

David290

Squid
Sick Bike I Rode Cameron Coles At Thredbo When They Came Over For Oceania But His Fox 40s Were Blown Lol The Internal Gear Box Is Sweet I Was Goin To Get 1 But Decided To Get The Ironhorse Factory 07 Where Did U Pick This Bike Up From NEW ZEALAND ARE BRINGING OUT SUM SICK BIKES LIKE THE 2 STAGE AND LAHAR

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I didn't like the look of them at first, but I have to say they are growing on me.

Function over fashion though, those things seem pretty damn sorted.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Sorry, but I don't know how to clean mud??? Only familiar with dust! :p

Seriously though, I tried some 'Polyglaze dash & trim care' on mine & it works brilliantly! Can be found at bunnings or k-mart or some supermakets...
http://www.polyglaze.com.au/

Looks like a bit of a mud guard to cover the front of the shock wouldn't go astray, a well placed bit of tube should do the trick!