Lahar Mk9 *now with Fox 40's - page 5*

dazz

Downhill Dazz

Not fully sorted yet, rear brake, bar ends, new 721 for the front, maybe some flat crowns. I think you get the idea.

Thanks goes to Rod from Blue Mountain Bikes.

(also thanks to No Skid Marks for hooking me up with a great deal:cool: )

*UPDATE* 20/01/07
O.K. Had this baby now for nearly 2 months & only been able to ride it for a grand total of 1 day, stupid f#%$ing knee. :mad: :mad:
Anyway, here are some pics of how she looks at the moment: (sorry about the dark photo's)

You can view the high res images here:
http://forums.farkin.net/photo/showphoto.php/photo/2517

Cheers.

Last edited:

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awww shit yeah Dazz, that looks great! Bet you are rapped with it man!

Will have to have a spin on it when I see you next!

Sam

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Sick! Looks awesome! I definately wanna have a ride on one of those one day!!!

---Matt---
He he, no probs. So long as I get a go on ya F1. You doing the vic series this year? Don't remember seeing you at Long Gully...

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deal! Looking forward to it ;) And, I haven't been to the state series this year so far. Work commitments seem to always get in the way.

---Matt---

Last edited:

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Thanks S.

P.S. good to finally meet you (although breifly) in Tassie & put a face to the name, you heading to buller for the next Vic round?

S.

ex offender
Thanks S.

P.S. good to finally meet you (although breifly) in Tassie & put a face to the name, you heading to buller for the next Vic round?
Yeah likewise. Hoping to be at Buller, Abom is a cool track.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike, love the colour.

I can just imagine the phone conversation....

Aaron: "G'day Dazz, its Aaron from Lahar bikes here mate. Yeah, frames nearly ready to be shipped, just wondering whether you wanted that finished with the Gucci black carbon, or Gucci black carbon?"

Dazz: "Hmmm. I'm pretty keen on Gucci black carbon"

Aaron: "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't our most popular finish"

Nice bike Dazz. Good luck facing the brake mounts.....Provided they actually need facing, that is

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I can just imagine the phone conversation....

Aaron: "G'day Dazz, its Aaron from Lahar bikes here mate. Yeah, frames nearly ready to be shipped, just wondering whether you wanted that finished with the Gucci black carbon, or Gucci black carbon?"

Dazz: "Hmmm. I'm pretty keen on Gucci black carbon"

Aaron: "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't our most popular finish"

Nice bike Dazz. Good luck facing the brake mounts.....Provided they actually need facing, that is
Actually haven't spoken to Aaron, bought it through the Aust Importer (Blue Mountain Bikes) & it was more like:

Me: "G'day, I'm interested in a Mk9. How soon can I get one?"

Blue Mountain Bikes: "Well, Aaron has a fair few on order, so it's a bit of a wait. I 'spose I could sell you my bike after it's been tested by the mags...

Me: "Direct deposit O.K.?"

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually haven't spoken to Aaron, bought it through the Aust Importer (Blue Mountain Bikes) & it was more like:

Me: "G'day, I'm interested in a Mk9. How soon can I get one?"

Blue Mountain Bikes: "Well, Aaron has a fair few on order, so it's a bit of a wait. I 'spose I could sell you my bike after it's been tested by the mags...

Me: "Direct deposit O.K.?"

Ahhh, classy. So, first impressions? Whats the Rohloff like compared to a conventional derailler setup, in so far as shifting feel/speed? Any special Dazz mods in store for her?

Dudley

Banned
what's the wieght of the 888's like compared to the wieght of the rear end? i've always found 888's to be a heavy fork.. practically designed for nosediving:rolleyes:

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Ahhh, classy. So, first impressions? Whats the Rohloff like compared to a conventional derailler setup, in so far as shifting feel/speed? Any special Dazz mods in store for her?
what's the wieght of the 888's like compared to the wieght of the rear end? i've always found 888's to be a heavy fork.. practically designed for nosediving:rolleyes:
Only been able to driveway test it so far due to spraining my knee during my race run at Tassie :( cruel, cruel world!
So far the Rohloff seems a bit more clunky when shifting under power than I expected, it states in the manual that break in period is 1000 kms! So it's really too early to make a call on that, noticable bit of gear noise too, but again, the hub needs some kms put through it. Also I think there are some improvements to be had in playing with the tensions of the shifter cables.

I hoping to take it out for some serious DH runs either this weekend if the knee is up to it, if not will have to wait another week.

Dudley, I've run those 888's on three different bikes, and love them. Particularly since I did the sleeve mod over the compression damper tube. I like 'em, if you don't then get Boxxers, or 40's instead.

Last edited:

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is your christmas come true... Amazing bike mate a stunner..Love the stealth look..
Some more shots of the machine would be great to perve on as well

Cheers Al

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
*long string of insult and abusive launguge* that pretty much say dam what a nice bike and i'm jealous!

Is that the first one to be built by a member of farkin?