JetBlack 24 Hour 2011 - 3+4 December, Mt Annan

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We are keeping a very close eye on the weather forecast. Wednesday is the day when more showers are predicted. If they stay light then the race can go ahead as planned but if they are heavy and we don't have sunny days following then the race will be pushed back to the B-date which is 1 week later. We will try and make the final decision on Wednesday evening.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Is it possible to reconsider the B-date? Perhaps a quick email survey. I think most people will prefer the Feb date. Boy it's a tough gig this MTB organising. People think cause it's off road nothing is a problem, but in actual practice MTB races are often more disturbed than others due to weather.

Very good up front approach and information circulated to athletes in this case though . Everyone knows the situation and will know when it will or won't be confirmed... Thanks.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Is it possible to reconsider the B-date? Perhaps a quick email survey. I think most people will prefer the Feb date.
I am guessing they already had set up the "B-date" (ie. one week later) when they organised the race in the first place. If the race gets put back to the B-date and you can't make it, I guess there's always next year for you :p I would imagine its a bit more complicated then switching a date based on a survey.

Out of interest, why do think "most" people would prefer the Feb date? Didn't realise you had every competitors 2012 race calendar in your head :)

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Out of interest, why do think "most" people would prefer the Feb date? Didn't realise you had every competitors 2012 race calendar in your head :)
Well, you better check in buddy, because almost everyone runs their race schedule by me for approval prior to entering. So, get with the program! :):):)

Nah, just going off the 14 people we've got going, it will be whittled down to 6 because "it's that time of year".

But you'll never please everyone anyway.

Mind you, I reckon we'll be fine for this weekend. The course is within a 50km radius of Warragamba DAm - if you are ever looking for somewhere where it doesn't rain much, just go to a government built dam!

loc81

Likes Dirt
Night lap info

I just had a quick look on the site but couldn't see much in the way of lighting requirements?
I recall when I rode the Scott it was mandatory to have 2 front lights (in case one carked it) and one rear light of some description. Is this the same here?

trailburner

The weather is looking very promising for this weekend. The rain stayed away today but the front is not fully through yet. At this stage it will go ahead as planned this weekend. We will need to have a look at how much rain gets dumped overnight but not too much is forecast and it should stay dry afterwards until the race.

trailburner

I just had a quick look on the site but couldn't see much in the way of lighting requirements?
I recall when I rode the Scott it was mandatory to have 2 front lights (in case one carked it) and one rear light of some description. Is this the same here?
You only need 1 working front light. A backup is a smart idea but we won't stop you without one. You also need some small red light on the back.

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
The weather is looking very promising for this weekend. The rain stayed away today but the front is not fully through yet. At this stage it will go ahead as planned this weekend. We will need to have a look at how much rain gets dumped overnight but not too much is forecast and it should stay dry afterwards until the race.
Awesome news!!

Looking good....looks like a nice flowing track but thats probably just the rider :clap2:
Thanks mate, much appreciated !

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Nice Flowing Track

Looking good....looks like a nice flowing track but thats probably just the rider :clap2:
Thanks mate, much appreciated !
Checkout the Video again @ 2min40secs and the First Aider looking after the rider on the ground after the Log Rollover.

It's a great track but don't underestimate it , it can bite.

A couple of steady laps, before letting go. Have fun.

trailburner

The JetBlack 24 and Mercedes-Benz Huntingwood 6+6 is going ahead this weekend! Thanks all for keeping your fingers crossed. Unless the weather forecast changes dramatically we are in the all clear with no more rain until after the event.

Any news as yet with regards to the race going ahead this weekend......BOM predicts showers. DOH ! just seen the above post me not awake yet !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

trailburner

Note to all the keen-beans out there: please don't arrive to setup before 2pm tomorrow, Friday. You won't be allowed to setup or space out your campsites before then. We will have plenty of camping spots so even if you come late you will get a good spot close to the track.