JetBlack 24 Hour 2011 - 3+4 December, Mt Annan

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
New date, new venue. After the great success of the Shimano MTB GP earlier in the year at Mt Annan we thought it would be the ideal place for the 24 hour and as we weren't exactly lucky with the weather in the last 3 installments we changed the date as well.

We are working hard on getting some exciting new sponsors on board to make the event centre even more buzzing with atmosphere! News will be posted here of course.

Some say it will be the biggest Xmas party this year, others just want to smash the legs for 24 hours.

Registrations will open next week on September 1 and we will cap it for now at 550. This might increase depending on the final length of the track.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Yet another half hour long battle entering a team. Why can't they just make it a simple streamlined process when entering teams in these competitions.

trailburner

Yet another half hour long battle entering a team. Why can't they just make it a simple streamlined process when entering teams in these competitions.
Sorry to hear about your frustration. We will keep working on making the system simpler while still collecting all the relevant data.

One known issue the system has when registering multiple teams is that it links your email address to your team already registered. If you enter more than 1 team please click on "Start a new Registration" instead of "Continue" on the second screen. This then doesn't link your email address to your previous team.

trailburner

A big thanks to all the riders who signed up for the race already! This event is shaping up to be our biggest ever. With all the interest we were able to secure a great number of sponsors and supporters - some exciting new ones will be announced here shortly. More sponsors means a bigger show and more goodies for you.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Got a 4 man team all signed up and can't wait!
I saw that kind of rocky section on a YouTube clip recently- feel free to put more of that stuff in to keep the track interesting!
With the weather warming up so much already, I think we will be up for some hot day laps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Whoop-dee-do!

trailburner

Just got word back from Mt Annan - car camping will be allowed! Meaning that you can drive to your camping spot and set up next to your car. No need to haul all your gear around. Caravans and camper trailers are allowed also and camping will be right next to the track.

Also every rider will receive a free coffee mug:
299164_10150307156113924_91921478923_8138678_1431129828_n.jpg

And the 6+6 is now called the Mercedes-Benz Huntingwood 6+6 :welcoming:

trailburner

Any idea when a map or trail distance will be posted?
There is a trailmap here: http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/106140/Enduro_Trail_map.pdf

Unfortunately it is the old one and doesn't have the new extension in it. We will also add a few k's of fireroad on the far end of the track as well as the event centre so that you guys can eat on the bike.

Once we have that I will post it. Track length will be around 12km.

The race is filling up now and we are over 70% full so don't wait too long if you want to sign up.

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Thoughts on singlespeed this track solo? I've heard it's fairly tough.

Take a small gear for the pinches?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Thoughts on singlespeed this track solo? I've heard it's fairly tough.

Take a small gear for the pinches?
Yeah probably, there aren't too many long sections to spin out on and the descents are more about staying off the brakes and working hard to make flow without needing to pedal.

trailburner

About 90 spots remaining. If you want to race sign up now!

• free event coffee mug for every rider
  • free drink bottle for every rider
  • DJs to keep you pumped all night and day
  • prizemoney for the winners of 24 male solo + 24 male team of 4 (the 2 biggest categories)
  • prizes from JetBlack, Shimano, Bernard, Weldtite, CrankBrothers
  • great accommodation deal with the Rydges Campbelltown if you want to ride the 6+6
  • Mercedes-Benz Huntingwood 6+6 hour if you don't want to ride at night

...just a few good reasons to come and race.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Is there a 6 + 6 option that includes night riding?\

Edit: Yep, it's called the 24 hour solo, just keep riding you lazy bastard.

Last edited: