Is this the answer to your question?? (Carbine 29)

moorey

call me Mia
It's subjective. It is for 29ners.

My 140mm 29ner deals with everything going down the hill that my 160mm 26" does, but climbs as well an Xc bike...
maybe you've got a shit AM bike and ridden shit XC bikes... :noidea:

No, wait.... That's me...

Last edited:

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe you've got a shit AM bike and ridden shit XC bikes... :noidea:

No, wait.... That's me...
Took you longer than i thought.

Haters are gunna hate...

That Intense would kick arse. Those that write it off because it is a 29ner are only kidding themselves.

placebo

Likes Dirt
And now the negative comments start. blah blah doesnt place well here, looks like this.

I like it, just wish it was a 650b as they look quite interesting.
Yeah, Santa Cruz Bronson has been my favourite for 650b all mountain bike. New Pivot Mach6 looks pretty good for DW link 650b choice:

66 degree head angle.
160mm fork.
16.93 inch chainstay length.
13.6 bottom bracket height.

Ride report:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/07/24/first-look-all-new-pivot-mach-6-27-5-enduro-race-rocket/

Gripo

Eats Squid
Guess I know for me that if pushed to have one bike in the shed...it would be a TBLTc, it covers all aspects of riding except pure DH....so I'd expect the Carbine29 to be very much the same...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm a fully paid up Intense fanboi so there's minimal chance of me offering an objective opinion here...

The Carbine looks like a winner. Don't care what anyone says, 140mm travel is shitloads for a 29er. A Tracer 29 firmly occupies a spot in my dream garage but the combination of carbon frame stiffness and weight reduction will undoubtedly make an already brilliant platform even better. Plus it looks awesome. Tick.

BUT, I'd still take a Tracer 29 over one, for three reasons:

1) The idea of smearing a carbon bike into an over-enthusiastically approached rock garden (the type of garden that these types of bikes always goad you into thinking you can tackle) is not appealing. Alloy is a much cheaper alternative for this kind of thing.

2) The Tracer is made in the USA. Call me a luddite, but a big part of the appeal of Intense is that they're not punched out in mass quantities by Merida (or whoever). The idea that my bike was lovingly assembled by a bearded fat bloke in a Californian shed over being precision welded by robot overlords in a state-of-the-art factory in Taiwan is very appealing.

3) The Carbine 29 is not offered in an XL. Why. WHY. I've ranted about this at length before, but I just don't understand why you wouldn't design a bike around a platform (29er) that seems almost tailor made for big bastards (particularly with its longer chainstays) and then not make an XL mould. And I'm not buying that economies of scale crap either. Santa Cruz managed to sell shedloads of Tallboys on a limited size availability (M,L,XL) for years.

End thought bubble.