Is this the answer to your question?? (Carbine 29)

MB

Intense Australia
Hi All,

The question has been put out there by M_McLovin. The Ultimate trail bike?? Well, here's a little teaser of what's to come. All info will be posted later today, keep your eyes on this thread.

All mountain race bike? Yes. Hard hitting trail bike? Yes. Is it a weapon? Yes. Does it look amazing? Yes. Have I ridden it yet? No. (sad face)

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

my02

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

The question has been put out there by M_McLovin. The Ultimate trail bike?? Well, here's a little teaser of what's to come. All info will be posted later today, keep your eyes on this thread.

All mountain race bike? Yes. Hard hitting trail bike? Yes. Is it a weapon? Yes. Does it look amazing? Yes. Have I ridden it yet? No. (sad face)

Cheers
Isn't that the standard marketing blurb for every similar bike launched by just about all manufacturers?

"Ultimate" is entirely subjective.

MB

Intense Australia

What is the question again :noidea:
Correct.

Sorry, the question "Ultimate trail bike" was asked By M_Mclovin elsewhere in the "All mountain" section of the forum. I guess I was trying to be intelligent with the title but reality of it is that the title is possibly confusing and I (possibly) came across as a bit of a Hype machine/marketing douchebag as has been pointed out above. I understand that "Ultimate" is entirely subjective too.

Apologies if I've offended anybody - I'm just passionate about what I do.

Last edited:

charlieking97

Likes Dirt
That guy is wearing open face and goggles!!!! Someone should start a thread about those shenanigans. :mad2:
Then they should go on about how the gloves match the jersey + pants. "OMG MTB is becoming a fashion comp."

Oh yes it looks amazing. Intense fanboy, but too poor to own multiple.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
It may be the ultimate today, but tomorrow will there be a version that is "slacker, lower BB, shorter chainstays, longer front center, stiffer, lighter..." etc. etc. etc?

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
"OMG MTB is becoming a fashion comp.".
Becoming!?

Christ, I think we were there years ago. I just suddenly found out I have been cool all these years for wearing my old school flanno!

Oh - and it is just an intense carbine 29er isn't it. What is there to get all hard on about?

charlieking97

Likes Dirt
Becoming!?

Christ, I think we were there years ago. I just suddenly found out I have been cool all these years for wearing my old school flanno!

Oh - and it is just an intense carbine 29er isn't it. What is there to get all hard on about?
Rant city - http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...this-the-new-fashion-in-MTB&highlight=fashion
Pretty classic. It has been years, but sometimes I get reminded how bad it is. I just grab whatever is at the top of the drawer that is cheap.
Let's not get too off topic here. I'll take the blame for this one up until now. Over.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Yes - back to the intense thingamajig...

I just watched the promo video on pinkbike and I gotta say it left me kind of scratching my head (and balls, but we'll put that down to other issues). It may be just me but it looked kind of clumsy. I know it was great seeing them ride through creeks and smash the odd corner, but it still looked like a 29er trying to be something it's just not... Rant over

Last edited:

MB

Intense Australia
Something for the big wheel fans... Introducing the Intense CARBINE 29

OK so here it is. Carbine 29...

5.5" rear travel (140mm)
67 degree head angle
160mm fork capable
17.75" stays

Price is TBC.

Attachments

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Clown wheels and 140mm travel. Meh. Next.
When it places well in the megavalanche then I will pay more attention but so far I haven't ridden a 29er that is as fun and agile as a 26er.

I will stick with my race proven jekyll thanks.

I will have to try a Bronson at some stage but can see anything worth going to any time soon.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
And it looks like a specialized enduro... not that there is anything wrong with that but it doesn't look like anything revolutionary... That being said I would like to try one and be proved wrong

Capone

Likes Dirt
And now the negative comments start. blah blah doesnt place well here, looks like this.

I like it, just wish it was a 650b as they look quite interesting.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK so here it is. Carbine 29...

5.5" rear travel (140mm)
67 degree head angle
160mm fork capable
17.75" stays

Price is TBC.
I would own one in a heartbeat. Long travel 29ners with aggressive geo is where it's at.

I wonder how many of the haters have actually ridden this style of bike??