How to manage trailforks sucking up phone battery ?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I gather its keeping the gps on but how to switch it on
n and off when using a map?
Today we were riding Narooma for the first time was quite impressed by the variety.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Something handy to note with using Trailforks; if you have downloaded the zones you're riding then you can put your phone on flight mode and it still loads the maps and shows your location. I've done this tons of times and found it didn't hammer my battery much at all. Two weeks riding all day in Canada as well as taking photos and never got anywhere near using my battery. Flight mode might help?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'd say your phone has other issues .. I've been using trail forks and Strava with GPS while riding everyday here in NZ and battery lasts all day no problems, photos, phonecalls, streaming music etc....

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'd say your phone has other issues .. I've been using trail forks and Strava with GPS while riding everyday here in NZ and battery lasts all day no problems, photos, phonecalls, streaming music etc....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, modern phones have a good management of battery life, can't think Trailforks is Killing it, even Strava only uses a few % while recording full time. Whats your phone ?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
2017, its a 7yr old phone. May be the issue with the battery life.
Yeah, likely. Older Samsung phone batteries just die after a while, was why I replaced my S6. Newer ones seem far better, my S9 just celebrated its fifth birthday and battery life is still good (although Strava can give it a good kicking sometimes).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah, likely. Older Samsung phone batteries just die after a while, was why I replaced my S6. Newer ones seem far better, my S9 just celebrated its fifth birthday and battery life is still good (although Strava can give it a good kicking sometimes).
I have an Samsung A71 with 'Droid 13 which is about 5 years old now. It gives a breakdown of power usage per app. This might be helpful.

I have also started to use the 'Protect battery' feature that charges to 85% only. So far, so good and I haven't had to top up the battery charge too frequently *yet* :)

Screenshot_20240309_185545_Device care.jpg