Getting decals/stickers made?

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Indeed I have Photoshop, pretty limited with how to use it though.

I'm not too bad at editing things, I just havn't done this type of formats before (and I don't know what several of your big words meant).

takai

Eats Squid
Might be worth your while learning something like SWiK or Inkscape. Very similar to Photoshop, only they deal with vector art.

Basically vector art is where you define the bounds (the lines) which surround an object. However, unlike Photoshop where you edit the pixels individually (raster graphics), vector art edits lines, which its calls vectors. The best property these have is that they dont decay when scaled.

A good primer on it is Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_art

Edit: to clarify a previous post. Rasterization is the process of converting vector images into pixel "rasters"

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vectors.. noooooooooo :eek:

I am going through a older calculus exam at the moment, and I just finished integrating some bastard vectors.

OK I'll look into it mate, thanks for your help!!

So pretty much I should be able to rock up at a place with my file on USB/whatever, and then they can just print it?

Joy.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
if its dealing with stickers why not use illustrator for your vector art? you can dl a trial version of it from adobe. and its the mostly likely program they will have if your going to keep it as vector and not convert it to a tiff or jpeg.

takai

Eats Squid
Oooh, i had forgotten that Adobe give out trials of their stuff. Definitely download the Illustrator trial, its not the industry standard for nothing.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well thanks to one very kind farker, I have a vector file coming my way of the design I want.

Guess I just need to find somewhere to print it now.

saMfish

Likes Dirt

Made that at school using Corel DRAW X3, to be cut out tomorrow using a 'Summacut' vinyl cutter. You can spend a lot of money on a vinyl cutter, but there are cheaper options available. A decent small cutter would cost ~$1000USD, if you're willing to go that far.

Zoobz

Likes Dirt
i know that there is a mob in vic...ARTISTIC, they print stickers and decals for cars, they were in camberfield, i'd try to get in contact with them.

foets

Likes Bikes
i know that there is a mob in vic...ARTISTIC, they print stickers and decals for cars, they were in camberfield, i'd try to get in contact with them.

start googling custom stickers or decals or whatever. i found a bunch of sites that you can email you design to and they make it, some have a minimum number to order though.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got them made today, $10 per decal.

Huge thanks to L.P. for making the Adobe Illustrator file for me!! Saved me some dosh for sure.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Reading this, I'm pretty confused about the colour stuff.

Is it possible to get black and white ones with designs, but just 2 colours? Is it even possible to get clear and black or clear and white?

METHOD

Likes Dirt
I'm sponsored by a graphics shop, and they do little race numbers to full car wraps ( price is $20 for A4 sheet, and $100 for a motorbike plastics kit) Pm me if you want any done.