Fort William 04 updates

DOM

Eats Squid
O ok .. sorry mate misunderstood.

I think it's awesome to see Females catching her .. although the entire female circuit should be trainning 24/7 because when Tracey Hannah gets signed by Haro and makes it oversea's she is going to clean up.

Jonnier was close .. but Ann-Caro probably hasnt sat on her bike for a couple of months which I guess is her way of insulting the female field.

has anyone seen what Rob Warner says about the female racing scene in Earthed ?? at the end ?? I will not repeat on this forum.

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
:evil: 4x comment in the latest dirt issue.... although now i have to go watch earthed again to see what you're talking about

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Rob Warner
let's face it, he's a bit of a knob!! or at least that's how he is percieved

did ok at Fort though, came 20th or so.

possibly the longest serving member of any team too, been with Giant for over 10 years so he must be doing something right

'great people talk about ideas, most people talk about things, small people talk about other people'

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
DOM said:
has anyone seen what Rob Warner says about the female racing scene in Earthed ?? at the end ?? I will not repeat on this forum.
It's been a long running issue with Warner. He's been like that for ages, but i think when anne caro beat him at some race he shut up. I do understand his point at how much anne caro just "blew in" to the world champs and dominated, but then Vouilloz did the same thing 10 times...

Tenacious Doug

Likes Bikes
DOM said:
O ok .. sorry mate misunderstood.
although the entire female circuit should be trainning 24/7 because when Tracey Hannah gets signed by Haro and makes it oversea's she is going to clean up.
How old is Tracey now? The Atherton sister Rachel is still only 16 but got 2nd in the semi and 7th overall.......womens junior worlds is going to be awesome!

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
What a weekend, Amazing stuff.

Hey Dom I have a round 190 High res pics, any ideas How to get em to ya. I had the best spot on the track, right on the down ramp at the Tissot arch.

I also have some pics of Mick Hannah's Wrists which are tad swollen which I will post tonight.

Big ups to Mick as well who drove all the way into town to get me Batteries when the camera died just before the mens Semi's. Champion :D

Cheers

SW

Stinky

Likes Dirt
That makes two from two for great world cups at fort bill. As usual the event organisers did a fantastic job, the crowd was huge (7000+), the course was great. BBC had about 14 Cameras on the dh course and they ran a big screen in the finish area with live runs. Sabrinas run was live via a helmet cam apparently. BBC also ran a one hour report on the race on Sunday night with another hour tonight.

This was the second year that I volunteered and it was a great way to do it. Getting paid £30 per day wwhich more than covered meals accom and beers. Anyone planning to come over for a ho, I would recommend doing this. The Course is open to the public again and I will be heading up to ride it once I get my new DH rig built up.

I was working with a contractor who travels to all the world cups, ensuring that all of the signage is in the right place and all the tv angles arn't obscured by spectators, trees etc. He is trying to hook me up with a few weeks work with the organisors of the Calgary World Cup.

Will be heading back downunder before next years event but am thinking about coming back if they get the worlds in 07.

Tenacious Doug

Likes Bikes
Yeah man, all those pics are within the last few hundred metres before the finish. The upper sections are a different kettle of fish!