Formula One world championship

Deathgrip

Likes Bikes
This season must be responsible for a fair majority of catatonic or coma induced patients in hospitals around the world. Absolutely god awful form of motorsport now, dreadfully boring. Used to be a huge fan but there's nothing left to like about the sport now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This season must be responsible for a fair majority of catatonic or coma induced patients in hospitals around the world. Absolutely god awful form of motorsport now, dreadfully boring. Used to be a huge fan but there's nothing left to like about the sport now.
Sadly, that's a pretty commonly said thing by many fans. We could be seeing the end of the big buck series to an extent. Aside from showing off, I cannot understand why anyone (general admission fans to race promoters and governments) would want to embrace the thing.

MARKL

Eats Squid
“I said to Christian [Horner] halfway through the year: ‘What percentage of your problems this year would you put down to your engine supply?’” Buxton said.
“He said, ‘About 80, 85 per cent.’ I said: ‘OK, what percentage of your four championship successes would you put down to your engine supplier?’ He went, ‘Oh well, we win as a team and we lose as a team.’
This cracked me up, glad to see people in the press are prepared to call them out on the sookie la la behaviour of this year. It will be interesting to see how they go with the Ilmor/Tag thing.

Bernie Ecclestone is to be presented with a fresh blueprint for Formula One that would revolutionise the sport’s scheduling.

The new format would see three seasons within a season, with a separate series of races in Europe, the Americas and Australasia, with two meaningful breaks.

The idea comes from Paul Hembery, Pirelli’s motor sport director, who enjoys a close working relationship with Ecclestone, F1’s chief executive. It follows last week’s meeting of the FIA World Council, the sport’s most important legislative body.
How about making tires that can last more than three laps and whilst you are talking to Bernie could you break the news that passing in the pits is boring, we want to see passing on the track by drivers that are racing to on similar strategies.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Without the financial backing, what possibility is it that anyone would hire him other than some exposure? You know what, he'd probably fair quite well in a race car that handled some biff and barge; not open wheel racing but perhaps tin tops. Brazilian touring cars maybe?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
who knows how true...won't know till testing starts...or the start of the season...

I think the gain is a total gain, so some HP on the engine, then some gain on the kers (or whatever its called now), but the main gain is the deployment of the kers, they can now deploy for the full lap (or time period) rather than thre 0.00000003 of a second they had this season.

So if it's true, no more getting blown past on the straights...

\We'll see.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the gain is a total gain, so some HP on the engine, then some gain on the kers (or whatever its called now), but the main gain is the deployment of the kers, they can now deploy for the full lap (or time period) rather than thre 0.00000003 of a second they had this season.
It's this bit that I think the point is...again, thats the rumour, we'll see how much of a gain (if any) they have made once the racing starts.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Agreed; Zanardi's car looked awesome.
I want Ferrari to get the gold wheels back, I liked that look but it isn't inline with their road car color schemes.